LC6000 live in action

We’ll just have to see how all goes:

Most of Native Instruments’ shares have sold. What could it mean for Traktor? - DJ TechTools

Most of the new features people see in software was there in Traktor since 2006. It’s just nobody knows how to map it. The ones who do don’t wanna go there.

In Traktor scratch banks were there a long time ago just they’re not called scratch banks in Traktor.

The creativity has always and is still there it’s just the users aren’t that creative.

It does take a lot of work to map these things though.

2 Likes

I completely agree. I use heavily modified maps for both my MC4000 and F1, routinely playing 3 deck operation. That’s why it is still my fav software. I’m just saying that not everyone is a tekken or NoiseRiser. (Much respect to NoiseRiser for the first map of the SC5000 btw)

1 Like

I know how much it takes to map it, including multiple layers of modifiers. I do a lot of mappings for many people. I build first and most complete mappings for SC5000’s, I build official traktor mappings for American Audio gear, I mapped my own fx combos for maschine mk2… so if I would have to build one more mappig - no big deal.

2 Likes

Can you add pitch play to your Traktor mapping?

Hm… that is possible, need to check if I have a free modifier left.

This was done way back when time stretching was crappy. Maybe now it will sound good.

I did check your mapping btw. I made one adjustment and posted it for you to look at. Did you get a chance to look a it?

But you cant map a jog wheel properly in trakotr no matter what you do, so spending a £1000 plus, on any device for traktor that isnt from Native Instruments ends up with a slap in the face at some point in the chain.

sure you can get it to pitch bend and scrub but it will always feel lumpy and scratching is just a no go, and that is where it has ended for many who lust after the shiny new hardware.

Thing is, in traktor we are at a point in time where we dont want home brew mappings where led’s, jogs dont function ect ect, we want hid control of the software with any device but the owners wont let you out of the garden to play with the big boys only watch.

if you rule out the failed remix packs and stems traktor is the same program it was 12 years ago and as of today it just wont do, hence why i came to denon.

You will be a very very old man if you wait for anything traktor promises, it took them 10 years to implement smart play lists and the holes in the program continue to appear the longer and more mature other software becomes.

When they decided to remove jog wheels it must have cut there user base in half, when the ddj rz sz and ddj1000 came out many jumped ship. A few came back for the s4 mk3 but are leaving once more for the sc5k sc6k xdj1000 xdj xz prime 4 need i go on.

all they have to do is open up the software to other non N.I. hardware, job done…but they wont!

Wanna bet? I can scratch like on any other player with my jog mapping.

Remix decks are the best option - this and effects in traktor is what I miss the most on any other gear and software. That’s why I still use traktor.

Because who cares? I never used smart playlists - this feature is completely useless in my work flow and does not speed up anything. It’s only for lazy people who never sort what they download…

2 Likes

IMO: SC6000 is the best standalone player, period. X1850 is good enough, but the tight integration with the SC series compensates for its shortcomings and some.

BUT no standalone player can have the flexibility of a software solution like Traktor (my favorite), Serato, etc… even if SC6000s are as close as you can get today.

SC6000 + X1800 is my favorite standalone setup, Very cool!

Traktor + S4 is my favorite app based setup (if only the controller had bigger jog wheels…)

Pioneer seems like it’s going the opposite path of Denon DJ: While the latter integrates more and more features in the standalone player (analysis, playlist creation, streaming, …), to have those advanced features with CDJs you need a computer, basically turning a $2,400 player into a dumb controller…

1 Like

I agree that Traktor shoved itself into a closet and maybe it will take a layYa :crazy_face: to get Traktor out. :laughing:

I am not sure why Denon is being so secretive about these 2nd decks I am no marketing expert but from a customer point of view it’s somewhat annoying Denons whole premise was duel layers meaning you did not need two extra decks saving on cost and space. Denon should have announced the 2nd players far sooner so customers can take this into consideration when making their set ups, Pioneer was at least honest from the out set in stating 1 player = 1 deck. Anyone who has already bought the 6000s most likely did so (like me) not knowing Denon sought to bring out additional players, my coffin case cannot accommodate the extra player(s) and would need to buy a larger case or have the player at some odd angle. I agree Denon need to address work flow and software issues as the priority, there is a use for additional decks however it just seems to contradict the initial message Denon was advertising when the sc6000s were first announced. Looks like Pioneer won in terms the ideology of physical decks as Denon seems to have conceded that point at least by releasing their own.

Ha ha. Easy boss.

I like smart playlist.

PS

I sort like a beast…tags etc and this is what makes Smart Crates work.

If I don’t sort, add tags etc then smart crates are useless.

Ever since I started using Smart crates, I spend extra time to my library management.

1 Like

Software users are looking for jogs for sure. If these were to be native supported then software users would like denon mixers to receive midi clock so that they can better use the mixer’s fx.

Well, X1600/1700 did that perfectly… sync the effects clock with software was really great there. I don’t know why no one thought about it on x1800 :confused:

Sorry, this was not an attack, just a thought about all those yelling people, who can’t live without it and many other things. I am not against it, but just wanted to clear things up - smart playlists is not an essential tool for a dj. It helps, but is not something that You could not live without.

CDJ3000s are great, they’re top notch pro players.

I personally prefer SC6000s, and eventually with the LC6000 2nd layer controller you can get a 4 hands-on decks for around $5k.

NOTE: There’s no better or worse, they’re both great, it just depends on your preferences and workflow.

The addition of LCs is just an option, not a must. For portability 2x SC6000s + X1850 is perfect. For fixed installations 2x SCs + 2x LCs + X1850 is just WOW!

I understand your actual coffin case can’t house the 2 additional LCs, but would you really want a 4 deck + mixer coffin?

IMO It’d be cool, but massive and not a flight case anymore… :joy:

2 Likes

See DJ Delimentary. For him it’s normal!

I don’t have an issue with the players it is more to do with how Denon has gone about introducing them. Denon should have announced an additional physical deck for the second layer as an optional extra and would be released either at the same time as the 6000s or shortly there after, that one additional sentence would have made a difference (at least for me) to think whether I would want the 2nd players as part of my set up and obtain a flight case/coffin case as needed. It is interesting that the initial leak of the LCs with Laid Back Luke was only a few days apart from Pioneer announcing the 3000s which suggests to me Denon intended to have a slave player so why not just be upfront. I could understand Denon being more secretive around their version of a DJS1000 a number of requests have been made for such a device and I hope Denon do release their own sampler to compliment their existing gear.

1 Like

you cannot map a jogwheel in traktor yourself without native instruments support, nobody can so dream on.

most people care and waited 10 years for it

thanks for speaking on behalf of the whole user base, but i am here to tell you that we wanted smart play lists, you didnt but 99% of us did. im glad i could clear that up for you also

1 Like