Introducing Denon DJ SC6000 + SC6000M Media Players

Some places are advertising the 6000 cheaper than its smaller screen father.

I reckon that denon have worded the 6000 as having a “relative” processor rather than saying “improved” or “faster”, and that it’s cheaper, even with a bigger display because the 6000 is using a lower spec processor than the a 5000.

In the video of Digital dj tips, Phil is telling, that the CPU on the 6K is faster.

They can ship em out to third world countries and war zones like they do with the old phones. :rofl:

1 Like

Exactly hahaha

This should happen to the CDJ’s actually…

2 Likes

Isn’t it the way wars/battles should be fought?

Denon Dj ordinance vs pioneer dj ordinance?

1 Like

Problem in our world is the, what is it, 50 million CDJ’s sold?

How do we change that? Most DJ’s don’t use advanced features anyway.

The new generation that couldn’t afford the pioneer tax went to the laptops they already had with relatively cheap controllers and was doing a little bit more than they could with a cdj set up.

The layout from the 6k’s haven’t changed from the 5k’s indicating that we are looking at the new industry standard for stand alone pro decks.

2 Likes

I noticed long time ago, most djs will only use Jog, pitch, play, cue, very rarely loop. But they demand the top of the tops… I find this very poor looking…

1 Like

Any estimated release date on these? Anybody heard anything from retailers? Very curious.

April - June possibly.

Oof, a ways. I saw “Spring 2020” somewhere — is that where you’re getting this? Or have you heard more specific info?

Q2 2020 in official statements.

1 Like

They already have these units ready to ship cause it looks like, when watching videos and reading websites, that everybody else have these unit except us. :wink:

I won’t be surprised it they come out earlier in some part of the world

1 Like

Digital DJ Tips told me end of March in a YouTube comment, and Musician’s Friend says the sc6000 is expected to ship 2/20. So those sound promising for a sometime-in-March rollout.

I hope they release it as soon as possible (also for germany). Can’t wait to play on my first mediaplayers… Coming from rekordbox with my ddj sx2

1 Like

I just read it’s gonna be June (according to Elevator). I have pre-ordered mine with Musicstore and I know there’s a few people on the pre-orders list already.

i’ve preordered my bundle also but not at musicstore, and they mean middle of may … but i’m not giving up hope to get it sooner.

Not jealous at all here.

:wink: