Introducing Denon DJ SC6000 + SC6000M Media Players

It makes nonsense. Any computer can do it live. So what’s the difference with a prime4 / sc6000 ?

And we need to copy files FROM key into internal hd, or deleting unuseful songs.

We don’t need to copy feom the prime into a usb key/disk

1 Like

What I mean:

You walk up to a dj in a club, thats using a Prime 4. You want to play a set, and insert your usb-Key so you are ready… Then you go to the toilet, and meanwhile this dj kan rip your tracks from the usb key to his internal drive.

I for one, dont want that to happen.

Deleting not useful tracks, I can understand.

Not if you need to first input a password in order to access the files on the USB drive you just inserted?

1 Like

If you’re foolish enough to leave your property with the other DJ then walk off, it’s your fault if anything happens.

2 Likes

Then it depends on if you have remembered to put a password on to it.

If they should make it possible, it should be a thing in the settings where you are prompted to create a code (that you create youself and transfers to that usb from Engine Prime) , and then the P4/ SC6000 could only copy if this code is entered.

And if there is no code = it should not be able to copy, just like if people entered the wrong code.

But then what about a Rekordbox usb? You cant generate a code for that… So those should just be copied or?

@PKtheDJ… Neither would I… But there always this drunk dj somewhere, that forget where he put his stuff you know :joy:

This is just my opinion… Dont say that the feature is wrong… We all would like the easiest way to transfer our files.

But I bet some would start crying loudly, if their files just got transfered to another guys P4/ SC6000/M without some security.

Next thing is: can this security still be present if its a Rekordbox usb…or even if its just a usb with some tracks dragged on to it from a Windows or Mac folder? We have to see it from all angles.

Units side by side:

Source: YouTube, Digital DJ Tips - Hands-On Review: Denon DJ SC6000, SC6000M & X1850 Prime Media Players & Mixer

2 Likes

Internal drive should be accessible wirelessly via engine prime imo. Transfer, set up tracks, everything can be done via desktop and syncd to the internal drive. And can export to any USBs plugged in. Just my 2¢.

New decksavers needed then.

2 Likes

So my beloved Loop Echo effect is back :smiley:

And cases - that thing is huge!

I understand, but if the dj is using a laptop you can copy files as you wish, so what is the difference with a prime 4 ?

1 Like

Here are the sizes comparisons in numbers

Width x Lenght x Hight

SC6000 - 320mm x 463mm x 151mm

SC5000 - 320mm x 419mm x 135 mm

2 Likes

Most stores have them listed as either coming soon or preorder.

$1900 cad 6k $2200 cad 6km

Wonder if there’ll be a price drop on the 5000m? Since it’s still at $2000cad

Almost every where is stated, that they will drop.

Hi guys,

Jay here, i’m new to the forum and have an SC5000 prime / x1800 setup which I have been using over the past year.

I must admit this has come as a bit of a surprise to hear about the release of the sc6000 primes and I wanted to know if there was an option for us that own the 5000 prime series to upgrade to the 6000’s through denon given the costs currently being the same? I’m just wondering if this is possible as surely for people looking to upgrade and sell their 5000s 2nd hand the value would have dropped dramatically as new buyers would go straight for the 6000s.

Cheers

Could be, but I don’t think they will follow an Apple like trade in program.

Hey Reese, yeah I hope they can make this happen as a trade in program if possible, even if it was for a limited time as I’d be very keen to do that. Same for the mixer too.

No sense business wise… This is not a cell phone and there is not as that much of a difference between SC5K and SC6K. All features will work the same on both units except on screen info.

I completely get that but as it is a faster, sturdier etc version of the 5000 (hence yes, more superior), yet currently being sold at a very similar price, it would make sense to at least give this option to consumers who would be looking to upgrade. I understand a straight swap may not be possible but one where you pay off any difference, if any, between the two should be on the cards I reckon. Just my 2 cents anyway.

And what You expect Denon should do woth used devices?