Introducing Denon DJ SC6000 + SC6000M Media Players

Those are surely pre production units. There’s a long way from first working units and production ones. That’s normal on all brands…many big name DJ’s had the Pio V10 Mixer at the end if last year, as an example.

Denon this is great but when can I get it dont make go over to Pioneer now, you know they seen what your doing and will be looking to hit back with something along what you’re doing.

I very much doubt that - have you not been following the Pioneer news?

1 Like

They’re more of a memory than an actively releasing competitor to denon any more. The last hardware they ejected onto market was what? The DDJ-1000? A year ago? Same as any other midi controller they’ve released but with some SC5000 like centre of record color displays?

Pioneer are like a re odd-breaking heatwave summer of a few years ago.———— much talked about and remembered, a little less each year, but more and more historic than current.

1 Like

Umm you do know the SC5000 was released over 3 years ago right?

Pioneer have had plenty of time to come out with something but as of yet, they haven’t, whilst Denon are on the second iteration of their decks.

If you want to use pioneer despite the Denon decks being light years ahead then by all means, your loss.

2 Likes

As Pioneer is still in business it is expected they will drop a new set of gear, Pioneer has been ‘lazy’ so to speak however when you hold the influence they have on the market it is somewhat understandable. I have opted to give Denon ago as I liked the sc6000 from the first time I saw it and its capabilities. Pioneer will at least create something to par with it anything less would be a fail but assuming they do, it would be too expensive for me as the Pioneer version of the sc6000 I think would be at least £2000 but could easily be more. Denon know Pioneer will hit back hence where they getting their gear out ahead of time (just not the gear i want though).

If you’re referring to the lack of any news in relation to new hardware other than the v10 mixer then yes that is evident, however for some people no news is good news, but as I know any new Pioneer gear cdj or media player wise will be way too expensive for me, I can give it a pass, however some people with a little more cash to spend will weigh up the options.

Pioneer can afford and push a decently prized product if they consider Engine a threat.

They did the same with Serato (the Rekordbox DDJ 1000 is almost €350 cheaper than the 1000 SRT and they took similar approach with their Rekordbox only units).

I’m guessing they are back to the drawing board now seeing what Denon has achieved with the Prime series.

I’ve got gear from every main manufacturer. Right tool for the right job. I don’t believe in fanatical loyalty.

I’m still looking for another battle mixer to replace my S9 (which is another great piece of kit for it’s time), the 70/72 seems to be missing one or two things that I want so waiting on to see if there will be an S9 MK2.

DJs will benefit from this competition and irrespective of what brand let’s keep the party going.

4 Likes

Likewise. I have bought Denon, Pioneer, Allen & Heath, Vestax, Technics, Numark, and even Gemini (haha) gear in the past. Not a brand fanboy by any stretch. I currently own NXS2 decks. I almost bought SC5000s when they first came out, but didn’t feel like being a post-purchase beta tester for years til’ they got them right. But, the SC6000s REALLY interest me. I was just given confirmation last night that they are working on a way to add Ableton Link to Engine OS. That sealed the deal. I placed a pre-release order for two SC6000s today. I look forward to retiring the NXS2s. I’ve been yearning to get off that ancient tech for what feels like eons now.

1 Like

I wish this was true… and I wish we won’t have to wait 3 more years for Ableton Link to come to the Primes.

3 Likes

I would love a Djm909 in rane’s or denon version. That mixer was a killer back in the days.

The Rane 70 was almost there for me but for some reason Rane refuses to add

1. BPM autodetect for using the inbuilt hardware FX with regular Vinyl or the SC5000M (standalone). Tapping before each FX…seriously Rane? SMH.

2. In Serato mode, they also omitted the CUE LOOP mode, and its one of those things that cant be mapped without getting into XML hacks.

Other than having independent performance pages, I’m not really sure what else it brings to the table.

I’m going to pass on it.

And there’s the problem. InMusic needs to make it very clear this feature is not ever going to be added. You want to transfer music onto the drive inside one of these things, then interconnect a USB between the gear and a laptop. I just came upon a group that planned to use Prime gear and there were major reservations because of the alleged copying issue. There were producers that would be DJing. They wanted a standalone system, not plugging into someone’s laptop. Some of them already had unreleased tracks previously stolen at prior events with just a laptop DVS and/or controller system, which I was surprised to hear are becoming increasingly common at big events as the Pioneer flagship system barrier to entry is beginning to approach US$10,000 just for two channels of decks and a mixer minimum. I had to strongly dispel worries that the SC6000 line internal hard drive bay meant the person running the night could steal people’s tracks.

3 Likes