Incoming! ... Something new from Pioneer

Y’all are over hear arguing subjectivity.

Compare the signal to the original production. Whichever is best at replicating the original piece wins.

Whether it sounds better to your ear or not is subjective.

3 Likes

Love my SL DZs.

1 Like

Everything you need to know is here. Platter design and slipmat replacement is interesting.

It is like the Technics sl dz1200

2 Likes

Looks cool but honestly — it’s expensive controllers like this that drove me to buy my Sc6000Ms. I wanted gear that could play music on its own or act as a controller, and it was only about double the price.

1 Like

Why do you say it like it’s a good thing? :smiley:

I’m only just pointing it out cause we’re all interested in how pioneer made it possible. Whether it’s a good thing or not remains to be seen.

and this is the beginner/ “cheaper” alternative :face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

I must say that in screen display is stunning. Excellent use of real estate. I would love to see that become the new standard.

Damn, that REV-1 is tiny!! NOT at ALL what I was expecting.

Gotta’ give it to Pioneer though…they make sure to cover ALL their bases. REV-1 users will be dreaming of that REV-7. Psych 101

1 Like

Toy company releasing toys again - this is expected…

4 Likes

The REV7 is looking really nice and i’m pretty sure it will appeal to a lot of turntablism / open format dj’s. But for the price they are asking it should have been stand-alone. The REV1 is just another toy in the budget market.

2 Likes

They went all out against the rane one on this unit even in their literature.

Dual 10in/10out sound card with 2 usb sends per channel.

Standalone inbuilt effectors

And other minor details that rane one owners wished was on their units.

Anyone who wants a djm s11 (not s7) should look at this unit cause you can hook up your turntables with it at home and then take the unit out by itself for playing out and they are the same price. The give and take between the two is not that much.

Pioneer pretty much puts some big dents with their cripple hammer on their products however on the rev7 they only slightly tapped it.

The cons are the price and it only works with Serato. Also the platter tech still has to prove itself.

Time for a Rane Twenty-One inmusic

1 Like

It needed to be standalone with Wi-Fi, without that it’s just a normal controller with motorised platters…that’s it.

2 Likes

We could potentially see products like the Cdj3000nxs-rev and Xdj-xz-mk2-rev now that pioneer has a motorized jog and will probably come at an eye watering price too. I say this cause pioneer did send out a survey asking opinions on future products and if people would like motorized jogs on those products. Specifically for the xdj line up.

Would anyone be willing spend around $3000usd min. per unit?

I’d be willing to spend 2 to 2.5k on a Denon prime 4 (motorised version) and the same again for pioneer if they could add standalone Wi-Fi capability with 4 channels.

I love my prime 4 but would welcome a motorised version or alternative being LC6000 motorised option to plug into the P4.

1 Like

I WAS RIGHT!!! Hundreds more than the Rane One. Nice execution by Pioneer, but $1900 (U.S.) for a Serato controller?

1 Like

That’s what I mean, too much for what is just a standard controller with jogs on a motor.

2 Likes

The external power supply is an epic fail IMO.

1 Like

the discs a fixed to the platters right? why would you motorise the platters then?

weird release imo

They have a slipmat…