Incoming! ... Something new from Pioneer

Rev7 cause they are 7” platters. Here’s to hoping that’s a hint to a Rev12 (Competition for the Rane12).

Aside from the screen in jog, there’s nothing new here. I am strangely curious why they went out of their way to put the start/stop button on the same side as turntables in battle style, but chose to put the pitch fader on the left. I’m also curious if this will work flawlessly with Rekordbox. Seeing Jazzy Jeff using it with Serato means it will have the Serato tax included in what will already be an inflated price point.

DDJ-REV7, to me, is because it’s build around a DJM-S7.

1 Like

how much do you think it will cost ? 2500 3000 euro ?

Maybe. However, the Rev1 has the same mixer, but has jogs instead of 7” platters.

1 Like

The more I think about this, the more I wonder if there’s a second controller on the way. Maybe with standard CDJ jogs & pitch control in the regular position.

I think you’ve just hit the nail on the head. Someone posted on reddit that there will be two - motorised (as we’ve seen) and a non motorised version, which would explain why both types of platter are shown in the teaser.

Apparently the non motorised version will be called a REV1

1 Like

Doesn’t look like they’re going after the Prime 2/4 market (DDJ not XDJ). Looks like the main competition is the Rane One. How will it compare and I’ll bet $$$ that the price will be hundred(s) more than Rane (just because it’s Pioneer DJ).

1 Like

Aha like PK posted, I too saw the “normal jog” in the teaser and was wondering about that. So it seems a DDJ-REV1 is also underway, like stated above.

1 Like

Still looks sexier over a software controller :ok_hand::heart::heart::ok_hand:

4 Likes

I think they went that way also cause where’s the spindle?

Can’t wait to see the review videos from the usual suspects.

3 Likes

Wondering is the REV7 has a TRUE motorized turntable-like platter. Rane Twelve, One, and Prime M Series all have platters with slip mats. Can’t see the REV7 being the same. We’ll see…

If this DDJ REV7 is ligther than the Rane One I’m in !!! A 2ch controller is supposed to be a mobile gear but the Rane One is still quit heavy. Don’t care much about the build material aka the Tank thing, I just want something light that’s can last a decent amount of time. It’s not like we are still in the 90s era when we use to brutalize our turntables with crazy DMC tricks.

But I also don’t like the battle layout, the pitch slider and the start/stop button doesn’t make sens for mobile djs…I can’t see “real” turntablists massively use this controller as a second setup. Meanwhile I guess this is a compromise to keep this controller compact (seems there’s also a classic DDJ power supply instead of an IEC cable).

Anyway we will know everything soon this week since Mojaxx indirectly said it…

It could be similar to the sl xz1200 also. Here’s a teardown and mod of one. Pioneer just moved the screen inside the jog and made a one piece top for it.

2 Likes

If they release that luggage box… far away from Revolution! Actually pioneer never stop to surprise me (in a bad way) wen they release their famous cdj-3000 without cd :joy:, I sold all my pioneer equipment and I bought denon :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Pioneers innovations stopped at cdj2000 nexus… then all other units are just a refurbished cdj2000 nxs. Just add 2 buttons here, add 5 buttons there, slap a bigger screen and call it a day… Denon in 2017 released SC5000 - today it still beats cdj3000. In terms of sound quality, features, connectivity and built quality.

6 Likes

Sound quality is debatable. In my opinion, CDJs have better jogs too (personal preference). But I agree, the SC5000/SC6000 beat CDJs in every other respect…at least as far as hardware is concerned anyway.

4 Likes

Indeed ! I still prefers the look of the 3000 + better jog For the sound quality it’s not really debatable, the CDJ line still have better specs, better distortion THD + Noise and a perfect frequency response in difference with the SC6000 (really wish with the next SC7000 we don’t have this problem anymore

2 Likes

Do a blind test and You will get surprised. These specs on paper will prove meaningless…

Agree to disagree, measurements are the only way to tell if the product is very well engineer and show real fidelity and transparency in the RCA/XLR output (RCA is generally worse than XLR) Ex: If the high frequency drop to 6db it’s normal to loose lots of detail in high end I already make a comparison with the Nexus 2 with my Opal Event (some high end monitors) with some Rane MP2015 (one of the few digital mixers transparency wth lossless, I don’t trust really other rotary boutique with a lots of bla bla hifi snake oil) and the CDJ sound better in details primary in the high end

Those spiked high frequencies with muffled muddy bass is what is discarding Pioneer gear by a majority of sound engineers. The difference is very easy to find on stage sound systems, and studio monitors (even running directly to Genelecs or Eve, and yes, Event electronics too… ) It’s not only what the numbers show, it’s what is making Your ears tired too…

Always sound engineers were surprised how good denon or allen (not with CDJ’s attached) sounds compared to pioneer setup. I am not defending here Denon, we all know, that there are masses of better sounding dj gear in the market than pioneer anyway…

1 Like