I just downloaded Engine Prime. Initial thoughts!

Yes please that would be great , when i am prepping tracks it is a timesaver to do this in the gui , maybe on the side of the waveform with +- buttons , that would be awesomešŸ‘

2 Likes

Iā€™ve a suggestion for the Zooming, if theres a way the development team can pull it off, but what do you guys think of thisā€¦

Has everyone found out how to increase and decrease the PITCH ? e.g.: You click and hold your mouse pointer on the Pitch readout square, and, keeping the mouse button held down, drag up, or down to adjust the pitch.

What if a similar square could be fitted on-screen somewhere for ZOOM LEVEL and the mouse could be perhaps dragged LEFT/RIGHT for zoom in and zoom out on the waveform ?

There could be all sorts of reasons why it canā€™t be implemented, so Iā€™m not saying it can or will happen. Iā€™m just checking what people think of the control idea.

I have to second this as well. @paul_denondj, having a simple +/- button pairing to control zooming on the fly would be incredibly helpful as some songs (typically older ones) donā€™t have well-defined transients, so setting that initial marker can be tricky. Additionally, perhaps a pinch/pull gesture for zooming for us Mac users? :wink:

1 Like

Personally I like Buttons to click on more than holding down the button and move the mouse at the same time. Especially when working with the software a long time I am trying to Limit Hand movements with the mouse. I am still using a lot of Keyboard shortcuts if availableā€¦ I am an old fashioned guy lol.

Why not click in the waveform itself and move the mouse up or down for zooming? About the keychanging, right on the money! Really like the preciseness of it and the feedback of the what key it is shen altered the tempo without keylock on. One remark: I would LOVE to lock the key in its altered key after pitch without keylock, then be able to lock it and change tempo locker to that new valueā€¦ I think numark had such a workflow or i just dreamt it up myself, but I was actually surprised it didnā€™t work in the way I just described. But the quality of the keylock and change when not locked is as amazing as promised!! Desktop is still analizing, laptop still wont run prime and crashes every single time even after several rebooths and re installs. Could it be something with admin rights during install? Canā€™t figure out why it misbehaves. Will research further on my desktop till I figure it out, so further comments and remarks about the actual software will come soon! For now very exited about things to come and as I might say, the way you and denon handle the torrent of questions since the release! Also before but its feels very reassuring the way you guys handle the critic and questions since launch and we have actual questionsā€¦ Canā€™t wait till my pre order gets delivered here in Hollandā€¦ But I have faith again! Thanks!! Also some nagging questions so donā€™t hate me later but for now, like I just said, BIG UP to you and yours at denon. Props.

That was my first idea but as soon as you click inside the waveform, the track is grabbed by the mouse and then only moved when ā€œscratchedā€ or released.

With shift of course! My badā€¦ Or just what u said earlier with a sidebar, desktop is still analizing so really have not had chance to really play with it. Still cant get it to work on my laptop though. Is there a troubleshooter or diagnose thingy i can run?

Downloaded on my Mac and started with no problem. But it could not import from Serato, but I found that the Serato database on my external hard drive was located in a directory named ScratchLIVE. I renamed the directory to Serato and then it worked.

Waveform Zooming Keyboard Shortcut is supported.

Mac: CMD and + or - respectively Windows: Ctrl and + or - respectively

Try it out!

3 Likes

FYI also, serato sub crates are not coming over, just main crates

bug :

when i create a Crate go to itunes panel go in playlist "xxx" cmd + a to select all drag & drop on crate

engine doesnā€™t import all track ā€¦

why ?

thatā€™s not the case for me, all my crates and sub crates are showing up.

seems like anything I used from rekordbuddy is not showing up

I use rekrdbuddy to get all my Rekordbox info to Serato (which works great) but then when I use Engine to pull in the Serato info it doesnā€™t work, no cues of sub crates show.

If I use seratoDJ on its own, no rekordbuddy import, it works fine in the engine import

Rekordbuddy is nice but may not be the only export/Import/translate option ā€¦ at some point in the not too distant future.

1 Like

nice, would be great to get Rekrdbox info right into engine

Maybe you use the X instead of the field? It works hereā€¦ take a look at the video:

thats not what I am trying, if you typed in ā€œBeyonce crazyā€ you would get no results

Well, well, wellā€¦ thereā€™s a shortcut for waveform zooming I didnā€™t even know about ā€¦

Mac: CMD and + or - respectively Windows: Ctrl and + or - respectively

1 Like

Also discovered that CMD and 0 brings waveform zoom back to default of 6s

2 Likes

this is what I mean in the video, a better use for the feature though is if youā€™re not 100% sure of spelling of artists or titles you can do partial key words in one search and get the result