I just downloaded Engine Prime. Initial thoughts!

how can i put some words etc in the comments column in the library?? no way i can acces it kinda stupid if you ask me i use it all the time and this is messing up my workflow for now edit: solved it ,you can not comment in an iTunes playlist so had to make a new one under the playlist tab

Guys… Please take a look at the new Engine Prime Quick Start Guide video (and the Feature Presentation on too if you haven’t seen that already) - these will help you get a firmer understanding of the features of Engine Prime before diving in without any pre-advanced info :slight_smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gZSo0x34Og

Hi boothe, i experience some problems, download and install went fine. On my windows 10 system it won’t read my external hard drives properly because they are ntsf formatted, so I can’t acces my collection from which I want to to transfer to my exfat formatted sticks. But with a workaround I can load a track, soon as I save a hotcue or loop and recall said hotcue or loop: Screen drops out, audio keeps playing but screen doesn’t come on again till I do a hard reset. On my windows 8.1 laptop it boots up but crashes before I can do anything. Seems to be a problem with NVidia. Both systems are 64bit, +2.5 i5, 4 & 8 gb ram. Any thought or wise words?

From what I did see: It look slick and with lots of good options and search customization! Looks very promising!! But further thought and comments I can give when I got it working on both machines of course. Thanks in advance for your reply, hopefully its something minor simple.

Downloaded the windows version, download and install went smoothly !!

a couple of remarks/thoughts:

• I can’t select where the software is installed, drive or folder. I just goes to C: program files. I have a SSD drive so prefer to install on my D, non-ssd, drive. Can this be changed or moved?
  • Where does engine store the additional data? within the mp3/wav/flac file or on another location?
  • When moving files to a flash drive and changes are made, e.g. cue/loops, with the SC5000 when/how do we sync so the changes are also reflected on the master drive?

Can’t wait till the SC5000 + X1800 are available in Holland but for now I can play with Engine.

What would be helpful is to see which tracks have hot cues and which not. In a large library it is getting ugly to find those not being worked so far. In Addition you should be able to protect tracks from being reanalysed. Not to do it by mistake.

my cues are set in Serato and RB, I can access the cues from both programs but not in Engine whether I use Rekrdbuddy or not

also the search feature is not letting you do separate keywords which is annoying too, You should be able to search any rand 2 to 3 words/artist and it populates the results like the other programs, for example,

Searching for a track like “Crazy in Love- Beyonce” I should be able to try in “love Beyonce” and get results, no luck with engine and all my options are set in the search window to search “all”.

Yeah, I can attest to FLAC artwork not showing up. MP3 is fine.

To switch quantise off (for the member who asked about that) That’s in the Settings (cog wheel) preferences.

Also someone asked about setting manual (off tempo) beat grid markers… surface to say, there will be mor in depth details and tutorial posts and videos for this rather special program as user questions and updates occur.

Let’s cover than manual beatgrids bit in a separate thread.

Have people tried the incredible key shifting even at extreme high and low ranges !!! It’s better than any player or DJ program which I’ve heard.

In a seperate File folder called Engine Library. Files are unaffected, except when working on file info, such as ID3 Tags.

1 Like

Hook the drive back up and in Engine Prime under ‘Devices’ theres a resync button (looks like arrow leftwards, something like this: :leftwards_arrow_with_hook:). This button allows to Resync Track Info (Syncs changes to cues, loops, beatgrits and meta tag data back to the main collection)

It plays both constant bit rate(the original MP3 standard) and variable bit rate.

I can’t even get MP3s to show up. Is QuickTime required like it is in Engine 1.5?

EDIT: NVM, it just takes a while to load up the songs.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 72 hours unless flagged)

Try searching this way: Love --> ENTER --> Beyonce --> ENTER I think that is what you’re looking for

Hi,

I have downloaded windows version but as I have a 4K screen it does not open correctly. It is to small to see.

And cannot find a way of changing resolution on Engine as Rekordbox opens fine in 4K.

Any advise will be appreciated

Thanks

assume the field “key” is in the ID3tag, correct?

If so why is the file creation/change date not changed? At least I don’t see it in windows explorer.

I would like to see the file change date/time stamp updated/changed so back up software is able to see which files are new/changed and should be backed up. Otherwise I need to create a new back up (150gig) every time.

BTW: this reminds me of a endless discussion with first Denon software with the S3900. Here it was even more important as the 2 players did not share 1 media source so keeping the 2 drives in sync was essential.

There’s a ‘Waveform Zoom’ option in the Preferences Fons - are you requesting an icon in the main GUI to do this?

Have you 'sync’d your Serato DJ collection first? Please watch this video:

Engine Prime does not ‘write’ to external applications such as iTunes and Serato DJ Fons - this is a necessary safety feature so users don’t overwrite their work and assets in another application.

I tried that, no luck :frowning: once you hit enter the search windows is no longer active

the strange thing is this works great in Engine yet not Engine Prime, weird, you think they would’ve carried over the same search engine