First Gig With SC6000 Findings

Next time this happens just stop the track.

Yeah I thought about that later but you know how it is when it happens live you just panic and start getting flustered and can’t think!

2 Likes

Happens to all of us. The A-list DJs throw their hands in the air and blame it on the sound guy! LOL

1 Like

@Mixlive so true! are you the same mixlive that did a video on the MCX8000 some time back? If so, that was a great tutorial btw when the unit was first out.

1 Like

What’s up @SunnyJ,

That was me. Thanks for watching! The MCX was a great unit and a good first start for Denon DJ in the standalone (no laptop required) market. There’s some features that still make it stand apart from other units, like the ability to play USB, Serato/VDJ, and Aux Input simultaneously. The concept still has potential. Hopefully Denon DJ will take a second look at it and see what they can salvage from it.

1 Like

It was their first combo (with mixer) entry in the standalone market. But their standalone decks had been showing some great features too, for several years before. Good unit though

There is perhaps an argument for Denon to call out their stable releases from the more experimental ones. NVIDIA does this with the Game Ready and Studio Drivers for graphics cards.

Sunny … which roll function hanged ? - The one you could use with the performance pads - or the one in the fx section above ?

The roll in the fx section is controlled by the wet & dry pot - and is completely turned of with the fx on button.

And this fx is when it´s set on and wet at 100% indeed looping. you have to fade it with the wet & dry pot … or turn the fx off - then.

but when it was affectin the performance pad roll … then we have a real bug, because this should not stuck.

@DJDark

it was the performance pads not the FX bank unfortunately.

1 Like

I can confirm this is happening. It’s the deck roll function.

1 Like

this pretty much sums it up ^^

Another great idea, even if I probably wouldn’t use it. Want my laptop usually for Ableton, MIDI and sometimes visuals.

After all im thankful Im using a 512 GB 840 Pro which kind of was not used anymore anyways… so that will be my limit for the foreseeable future. Also with me only using flac and aiff it won’t be that big a problem I guess since I won’t exceed 10k tracks.