Firmware update thoughts

Hi @JWiLL,

Is your post a ‘official statement’ that I’m aloud to copy to a Danish Dj page on Facebook?

Best regards, Engell

Any comment coming from Denon DJ staff can be considered official and, because it is posted on this forum, it is considered to be public, therefore eligible to be reproduced elsewhere with reference to it’s authors.

Ok, Thanks Canaris :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There are other approaches to software development than this. In the end, it really boils down to prioritizing and setting goals that you can reach. I have a hunch that Denon themselves are still quite resource-strapped in this department and that would require a very sharp and firm product owner to steer the development. And that is not an easy job since the pressure comes from the business and the public.

But the part of responding to the public feedback is imo as important or even more so than realizing new ideas and features. I’d rather have a bit more spartan, but reliably working software with a more consistent release cycle with bugs ironed out than a long wait between releases. I’d aim for smaller incremental improvements myself if I were Denon.

2 Likes

If they get it all right, I think the prime four will become really popular… I wonder if they will overhaul the engine prime application too

It says “Engine Prime v1.3.1.” in the statement so we’ll see what that means very soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

A while ago this was the case. However denon recently announced the opening of their New Zealand based DJ software development offices.

They saw a performed weakness and have taken the steps to strengthen themselves

1 Like

Missed that! Thank you, was too overcome with the other bits I suppose :rofl:

Ok, sounds promising. Although I thought SoundwSwitch acquisition was more to do with the lightning control side of things?

Soundswitch was a separate acquisition about a year ago.

Ah ok, I stand corrected :slight_smile:

its whats in the update that counts!! or not…

1 Like

Let’s hope the on device beat grid and bpm setup has been implemented and improved, so we can fully adjust these in detail on the fly without the need of engine software.

1 Like

Seems the golden boy is waiting for this update as well.

2 Likes

321…GO! Yay for the latest update info!

1 Like

Ive noticed the drfiting…is it the analysis of the track OR the player?

Hi all

The engine prime thing was waiting for it was logical (and engine prime needed improvements for yesterday) well for denon, I hope this update anxiously, a question there will be some update for the MCX8000 (I hope so):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, I myself have made some suggestions here for this team

One question, which can be asked to participate as a beta tester, I believe that the more we participate in trying new things, the less likely that the final version will come up with a problem

Thanks in advance and congratulations to Denon

does the sc5000 firmware update get released on the same day as the denon prime 4?

We’ll all know in the next few days

Us 5000 owners will probably reap the benefits of the new firmware first. I feel sure that even when denon keeps its end of the bargain up and drops several thousand prime 4 combos in the middle of each country, it’s going to take time for each countries too DJ stores warehouses to spread the prime 4 combos around to the various dealers own stores in each country

@JWiLL

Hi Jason,

Is the announced timeframe (8 days time atm) still ‘on target’ for the release?

And the reason why I’m asking, is just that any further delay would be great to know a bit earlier than 2 day before, so just curious how it goes :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards

1 Like