EP says drive corrupt, PC does not

Correct (and believe I know how consuming this is… :slight_smile: )

SC5000 does read/analyze and save cues for sure. Engine Prime is needed to build a search database (alternatively you also CAN load each file into the player to make it searchable. EP is also easier to make crates or playlists than on the unit itself, but even this is possible on the SC5000

Yep, just did some testing myself and found this to be the case. Thanks @addie for confirming and providing insight on your workflow. I use iTunes to manage my music collection so I was not immediately familiar with this type of workflow.

Your feature suggestion is a good one (you have my vote) so I hope we can make it happen somewhere in the near future.

I will say for people using the folder based system. I’m not saying your management system is flawed but it’s definitely not EP friendly.

I have a library of 70k songs, I don’t use any folder based system. I think I have about 10 - 12 folders of DJ music. And it’s lose genre title. All my hip hop, rnb and crossover titles go into my URBAN folder

All my House goes into House Folder. I use the genre or comments section to define if it’s techno, deep, funky, soulful, electro house etc

I use the metadata for all my sorting and crating as I’ve always been ■■■■ with my tags (85 - 95% of the music I actually dj with all have decent metadata)

The con of my system is that I put in the work before importing tracks to my dj library.

I download 30 new tracks, I use rekordbox for tagging them, change release dates (eg a 70s disco redrum carrying 2020 date gets changed back to original release year) etc

Then exit rekordbox, fire up serato, drag my dj music folder into it, all those tags show up in the comments.

Then I update Engine Prime.

Once you move the song from EDM 1 to EDM 2 in Windows, that file is lost to EP instantly.

So you have to delete EDM 2 crate from collection and readd it to show the new track and do the same for EDM1 to remove the moved track

One thing I haven’t tried is using the folder :file_folder: tab in EP to move your files around.

Not sure if that will work though, definitely worth a punt.

In Serato you can move actual files between folders and Serato automatically links the file in its new destination.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for all the input. Addie elaborated on my issue to the exact problems I’ve been experiencing. I guess for now I’m just going to have to continue manually updating everything until there is a sync function that works with our workflow. From my understanding, this new 1.4 update will not actually address the fixes for the current workflow we use…is this correct?

1 Like