šŸš€ Engine DJ v3.4.0 Now Available - Bluetooth Audio Source & Keyboard Support

Hi Everyone,

Weā€™re pleased to announce the release of Engine DJ v3.4.0! This release brings the ability to connect Bluetooth music sources, and keyboards to compatible Engine DJ hardware. You can now stream any audio from your tablet or phone directly to Engine DJ hardware and use the deck to control it. We hope you enjoy this update and thank you for your continued support!

Download 3.4.0 Now

Here is the release video to see the new capabilities in action. Enjoy!

Release Notes

Engine DJ (OS)

New Features

Bluetooth Audio Input and Keyboard Connection for Supported Devices

• Supported Devices Include:
    • Denon DJ Prime 4+
    • Denon DJ Prime GO
    • Denon DJ SC6000/SC6000M
    • Denon DJ SC Live 2/4
    • Numark Mixstream Pro
    • Numark Mixstream Pro+
    • Numark Mixstream Pro Go
  • Bluetooth Audio Input ā€“ Wirelessly play audio from a Bluetooth-capable device on your supported Engine DJ hardware
    • Assign to any individual hardware channel or main audio output
    • Assign to layer A or B on the Denon DJ SC6000 and SC6000M
    • Bluetooth transport controls allow you to play, pause, and track skip using the touch screen or hardware controls when connected to a capable Bluetooth device
    • Hardware screen displays Track Title, Artist, and track progress when connected to a capable Bluetooth device
    • Available only on supported devices listed above
  • Bluetooth Keyboard Support ā€“ Search for songs on your Engine DJ hardware more quickly and efficiently
    • Bluetooth menu option in the Control Center allows you to connect and manage Bluetooth keyboards and audio devices
    • Available only on supported devices listed above

Additional Bluetooth Compatibility Information

• It is recommended that you confirm the Bluetooth connectivity and functionality of your computer, smartphone, or other device before using it in a live situation
  • Not all Bluetooth devices and audio applications provide support for Bluetooth Transport controls and track information
  • Track Progress is not updated on Engine OS when it is adjusted using the originating software/app

TIDAL Subscription Notification

• TIDAL is changing its subscription tier levels. Please refer to account.tidal.com/subscription for more information. Engine DJ OS users will be notified on login and track load if their current subscription should be updated to stream TIDAL on their Engine DJ OS device.

Engine DJ (Desktop)

Improvements and Fixes

• Fixed an issue where sync manager export would take longer if Soundswitch content is being packed
  • Fixed an issue where tracks would not pack via drag and drop if there are 2 drives with the same or similar names connected
  • Various other stability enhancements and improvements
17 Likes

Bluetooth is unlocked! :blue_heart: Great job

4 Likes

Just a question from me, is there a 3.4.0 version for users of none BT hardware? I canā€™t see it as available in the update screen on my Prime 2?

1 Like

Over the air updates are usually a bit delayed. If you want to update now best method is the download from enginedj.com (link in original post above)

Note that Prime 2, Prime 4 and SC5000 donā€™t have Bluetooth enabled

1 Like

Ah thanks Addie, I will be patient in this instance :slight_smile:

Amazing news Denon crew :tada::tada::tada: Looking forward to give it a blast, and with wifi its not a ā€œmust-haveā€ with that Bluetooth for me.

Its a Nice to have - absolutely, but if the net is strong enough to stream a track, its also strong enough to just use the phone as a hotspot and load from Tidal.

Good job devs. :muscle:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the one Iā€™m most interested it. : ) I hope it applies to the hardware as well.

1 Like

This is amazing news. A new version to play with now!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :heart:

Please report back with your impressions! Thx!

1 Like

for the Prime 2 there is the possibility of downloading it but Iā€™m afraid of creating problems for my unit

There might be fixes applied that are relevant.

See it like an iOS update. They release the same OS but some phones donā€™t have all the hardware features.

1 Like

You can still download earlier versions from the download page so if you do, just roll back to 3.3.0 or whatever is your preferred version.

Yes but what about prime 4 and 2, The bt chip inside is for decoration only?

Taken from Instagram in response to a question about the SC-5000.

ā€œUnderstandable question. We found that the SC5000ā€™s earlier bluetooth chip didnā€™t work as well and couldnā€™t provide a consistent quality experience, so it was not included in the update. Thanks!ā€

Edit: and about the P4

ā€œThe Prime 4ā€™s earlier bluetooth chip didnā€™t work very well and since It didnā€™t provide a consistent quality experience, it was not included.ā€

3 Likes

Good. That means we donā€™t have to think up excuses about why we wonā€™t play some ahit music that every plonker has on their phone and waves at the dj booth

4 Likes

There is that lolā€¦ im the only ā€˜non-vinylā€™ DJ in my little team of 3 and I have extreme jealousy for the other two when they get requests and just point at their record bag and say ā€˜nah mate, thats all I haveā€™

What this update really does is solve a bigger problem for Numark Mixstream Pro users! So rejoice! : )

Update 3.4, I translate for Prime 4 owners : "Since years youā€™ve been told there was a bluetooth chip on your Prime and you were hopelessly waiting for the " activation update " ? NOW ! Take it DEEP in your ahss and above all give us your money, buy a Prime 4 + on the wich stems will never work because ā€œchip didnā€™t work as wellā€ :joy: Incredibleā€¦

4 Likes