Denon needs to work on marketing the SC6000

This statement nails it! It was the lackluster CDJ-3000 that finally got me to invest in the SC6000.

3 Likes

Looks like Tiesto and Oakenfold were only on board with Prime because they were being paid, and bailed when their contracts were up. I was about to point that out in that temporarily-locked thread. Prime doesn’t do thick trance well right now, and it certainly has had glitches… which the online rags rarely mention, either. As for why those two aren’t very opinionated on the topic, I would assume their contracts had some clause about not being able to bad mouth the gear during or after the contract… but correct me if I’m wrong, please.

1 Like

I agree for example Carl Cox was saying the Model 1 is the nuts then a few months later Pioneer give him a V10 and a wedge of cash and the model 1 is in the bin! No wonder the Pio gear is so expensive someone has to pay for all the freebies given to the big hitters.

I saw that Maceo Plex was using the SC6000’s. then a few weeks later he was back on the Nexus 2’s not sure what happened there.

i just checked his facebook stories he still have the SC6000

So far, Laid-back Luke is the only major player that has the Denons on his rider.

Oliver Heldens also.

David Morales also playing them on his Twitch show

I guess Maceo Plex is “official” sponsored DJ - He is in official Denondj www page

Question is who is using Prime when they can and not getting paid to do it. I don’t even care about their riders, as they ought to be able to play on whatever is there.

1 Like

Wow I remember that. Those days were class. I also remember Silvio teasing us all with the 1500 FW uodate. Think it was dropped like midnight at christmas eve :joy::joy:

1 Like

Looks like he’s not using them anymore. The latest videos all feature CDJs.

So is Silvio still with Denon DJ?

I dont think so. Havent seem him.

What about some of the original Denon DJs?

He definitely was using them yesterday

I was expecting to see some of them on here when I came back on the forum. Where is the old forum owner? Was he from Manchester or something like that?

That would be Gary, if I remember right. I think he started a Denon DJ FB group. At any rate, I remember some of the early demo videos were made by Silvio and DJ Shy on the fly.

But getting back on topic, I still think users showcasing their Denon equipment would be a good sales tool. Look how effective Apple’s “Shot on an iPhone” campaign was.

It’s a hard task for Denon to get lots of top DJ’s to adapt the SC6000. It would probably just cost way too much. Pioneer have been aggressive in targeting DJ’s that have historically used A&H, Model 1 and Rane etc with the Pioneer DJM V10. When you see A&H stalwarts like John Digweed making the switch to Pioneer then you know good money is changing hands. I really think Denon missed the boat not getting the SC6000 out months before Pioneer. I understand Covid has had an impact but the time it has taken Denon to get the players to market has allowed Pioneer to catch up.

But they haven’t caught up.

The cdj3000 has shown that pioneer have just launched a flaky version of the nexus2kmk2 and added over 25% to its price.

We already had 15+ years of one overpriced manufacturer. Please don’t wish that Denon goes the same route with huge marketing budgets and then charging the customers in the unit price for that.

5 Likes