Denon destroys it's competition

What I really liked about the video was how far Engine Prime has come. Its so so quick in comparison and more accurate. Not really about pointing fingers but celebrating progress.

3 Likes

No, I managed to do a screen-dump but when when I was going to download the video it was gone.

1 Like

Here is the CDJ 3000 issue with usb sticks not been analyzed by Rekordbox

Pretty ugly right ?

2 Likes

Also when I watched the video, before it was taken down by getinthemix , one of the two presenters said that the WAV file compatibility issues were across the board with nexus models. Some wav files load, some refuse and it’s apparently been that way for the entire life of the nexus range.

sounds like if it was a quick firmware fix, then pioneer would or should have done it by now, at least on their 3000 if not retrospectively down the older ranges

Looks like this guy did something differently. At least the player shows & loads un-analyzed tracks & creates a waveform. In the removed video, the player didn’t even show any tracks or load them. Maybe it was the fault of the getinthemix guys rather than the CDJ-3000.

TBH, I think he uses the same “slow fat32 firmware update stick” like in his other videos. While I don’t think it will matter much, it should be officially noted. :wink:

Even the older CDJ 900, 2000 can play direct from folders.

The guys doing the tests are not objective, so it makes sense for the video to be pulled.

Not sure if they even stripped the bpm and id tags of the files they ran through EP

I guess a proper BPM in the tag will increase accuracy - but does it speed up the analysis as well?

Will engine prime automatically refer to a BPM that is found in the tag and skip its own analysis, btw.?

Having read and heard what a cataclysmic clock-up the cdj3000 is in so many other respects, it seems likely that it’s the cdj3000 making all the mistakes. It’s been said in a few places that the tall Male inc the video was a pioneer fan-boy or lover or regular user whatever. So I think it would be genuine

1 Like

i got a cdj 3000 and a denon sc5000m i love them both i think the only thing is that the sc5000m can be two tables and thats all u need to play a show .butt other than that i love my pioneer cdj 3000.i spend 3300$ when it first came out butt its cool .butt denon is a bad ass i love it to alittle more butt i love them both.

1 Like