Denon destroys it's competition

It’s certainly not going to be a success story for pioneer. With primes being chosen by so many DJs who are every type of DJ who don’t play at a club, and clubs being closed now for god knows how long, every DJ can choose what features and brand THEY want, not have to settle for what is in the locked up club down the road. Prime Saturation at home in the hands of hobbyists, streamers, IP radio, home broadcasters and everyone else, could turn the tables for what clubs need to install when their nexus needs replacing when, they eventually re-open.

This pandemic is the worst thing ever, horrific. But denon are certainly making the most of this terrible situation.

1 Like

I don’t think it would hurt if they added performance and released a few entry level controllers with a Prime type layout to take some of the controller market away from Pioneer.

The new generation of DJs who go for these will look to move up to the Primes rather than become Pioneer fans who only dream of playing on CDJ’s in Clubs

I watched it …was pretty funny :slight_smile:

Wow. The video is down for real. I watched it this morning.

I was going to critique their methodology and results but couldn’t be a$$ed.

Hey Guys it was GetInTheMix channel as I remember? I want to send them a message and wonder what they response will be.

You sir are fixing to stir some 5hit

It was indeed. Two good guys who really were quiet shocked at the results. I don’t think they expected it to be so one sided. Hope they don’t get into trouble.

Is this the video, we are talking about?

No. It was them in lab coats indoors, more rigorous, and posted yesterday or the day before, I believe. I didn’t think the Pioneer did that bad other than some issues with not loading certain file types… especially for an early firmware… though the Pioneer is supposedly showing off its particular 96khz upsampling, industrial-grade chips, and only has to do up to 96khz sample rate tracks, single layer, and no on-board analysis. But I wouldn’t want to show early Prime firmware in a verses video, either.

Can’t find it anymore :confused: I wander why they pulled off the video…

That is all the fuzz about. First honest comparison, not something like “Denon is for bedroom, Pioneer for festival you can not afford this premium product” bull5shit. First all the biased reviews from all the Dj youtube channels (even from Mojax - which i was thinking was the last honest reviewer). Now we are just speculating that Pio need to blackmail them somehow (they have their Dj store) hence the delete of comparison. Maybe we will know in the future

I was more impressed with how far Denon had come. First they loaded engine prime and rekordbox 6 to see which one came out on top in anylising tracks. The guy with the cdj 3000 didn’t even tick key to be anylised but prime still whipped its butt. Tracks dropping on the one also went to Denon. It was really nice to see denon more than holding its own.

2 Likes

Most of the reviews have been honest. Pioneer is a brand remember that. The thing is with pioneer is that they employed dinosaurs to give feedback on the player. “To satisfy those who have their USB sticks for 10 years and just want it to work”. And to pour salt on the wounds I will go as far as saying unemployed dinosaurs.

Denon is within reach for everyone. Pioneer says it not for you but for venues and big artists. $10,000 investment for a flagship pioneer set :laughing:. Better off giving buying a denon set and give the rest to charity.

I guess they’re working on a fix and asked to take the video down to make another comparison (with new firmware). I don’t think that’s good business ethics. Word will get around anyway.

On a side note: Denon DJ also had a less than stellar start with the 5000s. So anyone that has been here long enough should be able to relate to that - instead of pointing fingers.

Yes! Anybody buying top of the range gear expect an “almost” perfect product from Pioneer, DenonDJ, or any other brand. But Pioneer marketing to justify a much higher price on a product with a lot less features, is based on stability, “perfect working” gear from the box - Pioneer is failing miserably on those aspects.

Isn’t this the different territory between pioneer and denon. Pioneer don’t need their owners to beta test often because pioneer don’t add new features often, if at all, they just patch existing features. Denon has to do some beta testing because they put out whole new features onto their products. So beta testing goes with the territory. No new features? No beta testing needed.

Bring on the beta tests

That’s an interesting theory, but Denon had severe problems from the very beginning… new features or not.

At the very beginning every feature is new.

Ok… then by that reasoning I guess Pioneer would be as justified having to ‘test’ their new product with paying customers, too. Upon release, early adopters of Prime couldn’t even set a cue point until analysis finished. Speed would abruptly change. Huge database limitations and issues. It’s been tough going. I wouldn’t call getting any of those working ‘new features’, but to each their own.

I wasn’t interested in the prime series until the M version came out. I bought it cause I thought hey the sc5000 was out for awhile now so all the bugs should be worked out. They weren’t all worked out.

Maybe it a good thing pioneer released the unit now at this time. The are no shows for show stoppers right now and there is a sea of deep pocketed pioneer loyalists to help work out the bugs.