At first impressed…but then…

Thanks.

So one Sata II is piped to the 2 USB 3.

The SOC has native USB 2,0 support and SD card.

Hello i find myself in the same situation and desperately looking for some Hope. i have used denon equipment in the past (2500F and 2600F series) so it’s been quite a time. and now i am starting to gear back up, so i can say i rely on Denon Dj Equipment.

The main purpose for this equipment is for my Mobile Gigs. over 10 years experience. my Mobile Djing came to a halt when the Laptop and Serato was introduced so i am NOT too Familiar with that set-up. (let’s just say i skipped that era)

I recently got a Denon set up. 2xcs6000 and the x1850. i know for a fact that with these equipment i don’t need to carry a Laptop with me. that is why i opted for this route. i knew beforehand that Yes i would need a Laptop to Import my music to The Unit. and Engine Prime was the way. i dont use itunes,Beatport,or any other service as of yet. i only know i have a large collection of (MP3’s 160-320kbps) stored in a HDD 8TB .

so i get my units and unbox them. i come to find out that there is new UPdates for the sc6000 and the x1850. So i right away start taking care of the updates. to my surprise i get Error after Error after Error from the players to the Mixer.

• sc6000 unit freezes during update, usb not detected, when finally updates to 1.6.2 after 2 days of research
  • now the X1850 , freezes during update, Unit NOT recognized in the computer, when it restarts all it does is the row of Lights Repeating from top to bottom for over 30 min.(i restarted the update) i had to use a different usb port. on the 3rd day i got everything to update. FINALY … so i installed a 870 QVO Sata 2.5 2TB SSD i fired up Engine Prime on my PC and Analyzed a Few tunes and Thru Engine Prime Transferred them to the units newly installed SSD drive. so i load up a song and YEAH i am Happy as You can imagine. man i was on clouds, free sailing form here on… SO i Thought … a few tracks go by and the Disappointment starts…
  • when i rotate the plater NOTHING happens whether on Vinyl mode on or off. ?
  • when on Vinyl Mode ON scratching is not possible (it has happened a few times not all the time)
  • and as i am Familiarizing myself more with these units there seems to be more and more issues with them.

Now i know these are mechanical things and errors or faulty units can happen. i Hope Denon Fixes these issues. It just Dawn on me that these units are giving me allot of issues and they have not even hit a first gig, i did invest in Professional equipment Because they are going to be used in a working environment where i would expect for these units to Run without flaws.

This is my experience so far from these units. Any suggestions or Tip’s you may have i am open to it.

• i have posted a few ways on how i troubleshooted some of my issues in this forum.

Thank you.

1 Like

Did you remove the foil covering the platter?

2 Likes

…ahhh Thank You, i just did and that seems to have fixed the Platter issue. i had not noticed the coverings on the platters.

Thank You Much.

2 Likes

Greatly said. DENON only for more than a decade but…

Just a little trick that works for me when analyzing a lot of files: Make an empty playlist with no files in it. Start the analyzing proces en when it is running select the empty folder.

As mentioned before, the playlist keep updating which is quite annoying and CPU consuming specially with large library’s. when you analyze files, data changes and thus making the list refresh again.

when selecting the empty folder, there is nothing to update leaving more cpu power for the analyzing of the files…

3 Likes

I don’t have the issue, I was also trying to help in this topic.

That was my guess, thanks for confirming !

hmmm. too many issue to ring up now about the sc6000. continued failures. At this point and 99% gonna jump ship after all these years. ridiculous. Out of returned 2 units for replacement and over last year. Cut the setup down to 3 with too many issues ran clean for a month and back to square one.

You know, it seems the development for Engine OS is stagnant. When I look at another InMusic company like Akai who have been knocking it out of the park for the past couple years, Denon, by comparison, is seriously lacking! Dropbox and Streaming Services don’t appeal to me. Been waiting on the big guns!! I thought the whole point of the Prime gear was that we were going to get added/streamlined features frequently?

2 Likes

I totally agree, and, I’m glad you said it and not I …

WWIII would’ve started had I :laughing: :rofl:

1 Like

And you know, there’s something else I’ve been thinking about. Right now would be the perfect time for the development team to be releasing update after update, adding all the requested features, as well as a host of other innovations. Pioneer gear is nearly sold out world-wide. Denon gear appears to be in-stock nearly everywhere I’ve looked. If Denon were serious about getting people to switch ecosystems, there is no better time than “right now” to entice people to switch. But, they’ll probably squander this opportunity.

1 Like

Could not agree more. So sad to see the obviously not too bad hardware being wasted by lacking software support.

DenonDJ could’ve been this “we are listening to our community to make things better than our competitors” thing, but they didn’t take the chance, unfortunately.

There are so many useful things requested again and again by the community here… and yes, if you want to be a successful competitor, you have to put up with being compared to the other product, and you should consider adding those demanded and useful features which the competiting product already has.

Of course you can be ignorant, but then don’t expect being successful.

2 Likes

Again more issues. Thinking back to being one of the first with 4 sc6000 last august. The issues continue to mount. Seems like I’m constantly reloading firmware to get them to work for a week. without an issue. One deck returned and replaced. Then again with a vendor I purchased from. At this point, it feels like wait until the 3000 are back in stock and dump. Disappointing.

1 Like