Any idea on second wave of SC6000's will be released?

I’m sure that’s true. But it’s not like the stock is moving quickly. There simply is nothing to sell, regardless of demand.

With more and more people reporting to have one device that is right and one that is off, that could be the reason behind it.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Strange sound coming from platter

Yeah about half.

Back in January Denon didn’t say “out tomorrow” they never do that - expectation from a January mention?.. no one except reviewers would be seeing anything til the summer / then corona mixed in and well, those who didn’t order from the get-go are on the waiting list.

Something that denon should have anticipated, or maybe they anticipated it but not enough, is that when something industry beating gets out into the hands of regular DJs, word gets around and more and more people order, spreading the stock even thinner. A temporary victim of its own success.

These continued delays, and complete lack of information, reflect very poorly on Denon. It’s incredibly frustrating.

1 Like

Still waiting on my second unit. :frowning: it’s been paid for, for over a month now.

Sales rep for my dealer now says JANUARY for the sc6000m…not happy at all Denon ! Not happy

Its soul destroying that this unit is nearly 1 year old…and for the full year its just been a complete shambles for stock.

1 Like

That’s what I heard from an InMusic rep, too.

The best players ever in history but can’t deliver any of them. Maybe too many products to finish dropping their most important ones .I’ve been such a big promoter for Denon literally getting into fights defending them against P. And just more headaches it’s very depressing

I think they deserve a pass on this one. Covid has disrupted shipments, QA, and manufacturing everywhere.

This. They’re not the only company still struggling with manufacturing/shipping issues at the minute, just take a look at Nvidia.

1 Like

In the time since I ordered my SC6000Ms Pioneer have managed to announce and launch the CDJ3000, and have plenty of stock everywhere. Meanwhile I’ve been promised four different dates now, and still have no players. Im sure COVID isn’t helping, but don’t make promises to customers you can’t keep!

Nvidia nearly always mess up their generational launches. This pre-dates Covid19

NVIDIA is having to deal with Bots and Scalpers

Most people with pre-orders are having their GPUs delivered

I’m pretty sure Pioneer had the 3000 ready to go at the beginning of the year. The Amazon warehouse I worked at temporarily over the summer had em on hand in June.

That’s actually not true, unless you mean “at some point having their GPU’s delivered”. Not many units have made it into consumer hands yet.

This is the inherent issue with announcing at NAMM.

Everyone wants to show their new shiny thing off to the world at the start of the year (literally) as a “what to expect this year” but with the rapid pace of technological advancements, is this the right way going forward?

Apple don’t do this as they don’t really do all the hype at MWC in Barcelona, where just about everyone else announces their phones. Pioneer DJ do it when they are ready, no matter when it is in the year.

If Denon DJ don’t announce anything at NAMM then people will decry their absence so it is about getting a balance. Do they announce something smaller just to have presence at NAMM and make the big announcements as and when they are close to launch? I think so.

NAMM is great and really shows off what is upcoming but I feel January is a distant memory for a lot of people, even if you’re a few months down the line. I can see why this is beneficial. It gauges reactions and responses of the public and dealers and can shape the order numbers from the assembly lines so too many isn’t made. If there is a big buzz then manufacturing can be increased but during a pandemic there will be cautious initial orders from any company. Now people are streaming from home and wanting to play with new gear, this can overwhelm order books and with the popularity and rave reviews of the SC6000/M then I dare say this is catching them unexpectedly. Especially that a certain new “club standard” didn’t set a lot of hearts on fire, the Prime units made a lot of sense.

With the pandemic I can see people adopting a new approach to announcements. With no real trade events for many people to visit, companies will probably announce new gear on their own terms and not be constrained by a trade fair at the start of the year.

Let’s hope that this could be the start of companies announcing their new toys closer to launch as the pandemic will change the way we hold announcements.

2 Likes

If someone is interested in delivery situation of the SC6000 in Germany:

Today I got the information from a large german dealer (Th…n) that a smaller batch is expected at the end of November (without obligation). A somewhat larger batch then again in December. Due to many pre-orders, it is always hard to know how quickly the stock will be out again.

In general, the delivery situation doesn’t seem to look really great at the moment.

3 Likes

I placed an order for the M’s from B&H Photo in NY and they stated availability in Q1 2021. Cancelled that order and placed the order with Guitar Center who originally stated end of Nov, but now availability unknown.

Then got an email yesterday from Guitar Center that they have filed for Chapter 11/12 Re-org (not publicly announced but should be soon). So things are not looking good for the whole industry it seems.

They are available in Canada right now.

1 Like

Used the same German supplier and hope you’re right. My order have been delayed 6 times now. I’ve contacted the supplier and Denon DJ. No reply from Denon but the supplier blame on the pandemic.

1 Like