Today I’m excited to announce, we have launched MCX8000 v2.0 and Engine Prime 1.2.1 to support it.
We would like to again extend our sincere gratitude to the hundreds of dedicated users who joined the beta test program. We have been humbled by the amazing response from you. We are thrilled so many of you took part in and helped shape the V2 firmware. We have included as many of users requests as possible in this update and are confident that users will be thrilled with the update.
New MCX8000 V2
- Added support for Engine Prime prepared USB drives
- Added Beat Grid support for Engine Prime prepared USB drives
- Added Beat Grid slide feature via SLIDE button
- Added Quantize feature via ADJUST button
- Added Quantize options 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1-beat and off for setting/triggering hotcues and loops
- Added Beat Sync feature
- Added pitch range lock (soft takeover) to prevent drastic pitch jumps when moving the pitch fader at large pitch
- percentage ranges
- Improved Slicer quantization, triggering accuracy, and drifting when in sync mode
- Improved Needle Drop accuracy
- Added 12 o’clock platter LED reset for cues
- Added BPM sorting when browsing songs through BPM Filter
- Expanded support for sorted folder names from 32 to 64 characters
- Extended display time for letter popup when using first letter search
- Removed preview stutter when using needle drop
- Changed the “Default Auto Loop Beat” setting name to “Default Auto Loop Size”
- Changed “Auto Cue Level” to “Track Start Position”. Tracks will now load to the Initial Cue position or Track Start
- Fixed issue where was displayed for track name in crates & playlists with over 500 tracks
- Fixed issue where the loop region would disable after performing a loop jump
- Fixed issue where the loop was sometimes disabled after triggering the loop
- Fixed reloop issue that caused audio drop if triggered when no loop had previously been set
- Fixed issue where pitch fader was not reported in the SysEx initialization message
- Fixed issue which prevented Slicer functionality directly after scratching
- Fixed issue where continuous play stops after about 64 songs playback
- Various additional bug fixes and stability improvements
- Added Mic 1 attenuation control utility menu option (0dB to -20dB)
- Added Mic 2 attenuation control utility menu option (0dB to -20dB)
- Added ability to change USB Recording Level
- Added ability to change Talk Over Level from (-10dB to -40dB)
- Added Talk Over level utility menu option (-10dB to 0dB)
- Added Talk Over resume type utility menu option (fast, normal)
- Added Booth Receive mic signal utility menu option (on, off)
DOWNLOADS: Full final release notes and instructions are included inside the package.
IMPORTANT: If you were a MCX8000 beta tester, please remove the “Engine Library” folder from both your USB drive and your desktop “Music” folder before installing Engine Prime 1.2.1.
Also, you must click “Export to MCX8000” in Engine Prime after moving your music to the USB otherwise the MCX8000 will not be able to read the database or files.
Thank you all again for all your passion and support.