MCX8000 V2.0 Release

Thanks for the info MrWilks. This is happening to me with smaller jumps though. I’ve actually only tried it with a 4-bar setting. I’ll test it with a larger setting & see if anything changes.

Ok, so I just checked this with various loop sizes. Basically I can only loop-jump backwards if the loop size is 2-bars or smaller. I haven’t had another issue (yet) where I can’t extend the size of the loop. Although it’s not a huge problem, I’ll keep testing this to see if I can find a way to replicate it.

I upgraded V2.0 and my right hand side needle drop stopped working? Rolled back to v1.5 and it’s all ok again. Anyone else having/seen this issue?

Esto es bastante jodido y primitivo, el hecho de volver a empezar a crear la base de datos desde cero, no lo entiendo

@mufasa you’re correct. Memory limits sometimes prevent the autoloop size increase and beat jump action.

1 Like

Thank you for all the awesome work that went into this update, excited to try it out and see how the MCX8000 will perform!

2 Likes

I have updated to Prime V1.2.1 and MCX800 Ver 2.0. None of my files are showing the beat grids on the MCX8000 and are taking a long time to draw the waveform as if they have not been analysed. I analysed files in Prime and beat grids are there, Clicked on Export to MCX8000, All files are showing as MCX compatible in Prime. Am I missing a step somewhere

I have the same problem. What i doing wrong?

SimonP

If you are using Windows and your files were analyze by Engine 1.5, then you need to erase the .DDJMEMO that gets created by Engine 1.5. This is a hidden file so you will need to change Windows Folder Options to be able to see and delete this folder. Then prepare all you files again with Engine Prime.

Depend how you manage your music folder structure, this .DDJMEMO should reside inside your music folder or folders.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

As this was a major release, I suggest all users delete the DENONDJ2 and Engine Library (if you have this) folders from your USB drive and build your drive from scratch. This will ensure the best possible experience transitioning in the Engine Prime ecosystem. It may seem like a lot of work but Engine Prime is MUCH faster (multi-thread) processing than Engine 1.5.

1 Like

Does this apply to Engine Prime 1.2.0 users as well?

To Delete old stuff and start afresh

Only if you previously prepared your drive with Engine 1.5 or were part of the MCX8000 Beta test team.

1 Like

The mcx8000 Drives Very Good with the new Firmware. USB Works Very Good. Great Work.

2 Likes

@DJChachi Thanks for the reply I am using Mac. I have deleted the Engine Library from my music folder, I have reinstalled Engine Prime from scratch a couple of times, I have completely reformatted my USB drive and tried a different USB Drive. None of the files have grid information on the MCX8000 All files are AIFF 44.1KHz Purchased from Traxsource of Beatport.

I have tested 2 hours the usb Mode and its great

1 Like

Analyze the Tracks in prime before Export. Then the Grids are showing in the 8000er. Information will See in the prime Playlist.

Greets from Germany

Continuing the discussion from MCX8000 V2.0 Release:

GREETINGS BOYS, I HAVE UPDATED MY 2.0 MCX AND FEEL A BETTER PERFORMANCE USING E.P. BUT I HAVE A QUESTION: I HAVE MAC B.PRO. I5 16GB RAM - KINGTON 64GB - MUSIC ANALYZED AND EXPORTED BY E.P LAST VERSION. IN MOTOR MODE, AT A START THE RIGHT SCREEN WAS FREEZING, IT TURNED OFF AND I STARTED IT AGAIN, AND I LEFT IT A FEW MINUTES AND I COULD MAKE VARIOUS SETS LIVE IN MY TURN IN THE RADIO CABIN. HOW CAN I RESOLVE THE FREEZING, I AM FROM PANAMA AND THERE ARE NO TECHNICAL SERVICES. OR WILL IT BE ABLE TO RESOLVE OTHERWISE?

1 Like

Exact same as @kradcliffe have reached out to Denon Support TWICE. First time they were all “thanks for letting us know” haven’t heard back second time. Gonna have to roll back to previous firmware and back to Engine (yuck). Disappointing tbh denon

I also wanted to tell the denon team a huge thank you for their hard and dedicated work on this update. it feels now very solid and can easily compete with any other standalone setup!!! I would even say there is not alot that can compete in this price range! for everyone else that still can’t get fuzzy with the MCX8K, go a head and spent beyond 5K to find out it is not much more worth, I really appreciate that you took the time and efford to get this thing to a higher standard!!!

1 Like

Great Thanks to every single person who got involved in this major update. Engine Prime + Firmware v2 is a perfect combo.

I also confirm the screen freezing issue. Denon support helped me a lot and I got a new unit. Now life is good!

Thanks again Denon Guys

1 Like