X1850 Fault - Could be after Update

Afternoon.

I noticed a fault with my mixer yesterday which has 2 days warranty left - not sure if it’s update related but when channel 4 is right down to the bottom and volume killed knob 17 on the Owners manual (CH FADER CONTOUR) seems to trigger audio and crackles. I’ve attached Video for you all to see so maybe worth checking it out. Only happens on channel 4.

Denon have requested it back for repair just lucky I noticed this before Saturday as warranty would of been done and dusted.

1 Like

Denon DJ should have two years warranty. Not just one ?!

Isn’t that with Authorised retailers only.?

So heard back from Inmusic Europe today have to wait 6 weeks for parts required to fix mixer. Terrible really had it less then a year and this happens.

2 Likes

I suspect that without all the current worldwide shipping issues for nearly all manufacturers, the wait time would be a lot less.

He did say something like that but also said it could be longer unfortunately. They can give an accurate time.

Really disappointed

So got Mixer back today after all this time. Issue fixed but AllMusic have completely savaged the mixer - Scratches and dents in certain places just Unbelievable.

This Company are a shambles Absolute mediocre products and inept Engineers.

1 Like

Have you checked the serial number?

Yep. The same mixer I sent back to them in Immaculate condition (in a cosmetic) sense.

Might as well be a second hand purchase from EBay now. You can even see from the original video posted them Scratches were not there near the crossfader.

Going to contact them tomorrow - Shambolic.

They should issue a brand new unit, To$$ers

Same here, my 2 faulty sc6000’s came back like this, the new screen they fitted lasted 5 minutes before breaking completely

1 Like

What have they come back and said when you reported. or have they just ignored you since.

Disgraceful.

Anybody reading these forums thinking about buying Denon, here is my take

DON’T BOTHER - BUY PIONEER

One damaged player returned last week, the other returned today, I’ll keep you posted what happens. The underlying issue is though, both had pcb issues and one had a replacement screen fitted that failed, should not be happening on players of this cost, luckily there in warranty……only just though

So did the dents on the platter happen while in their possession.?

All I can say is, they weren’t there before I sent them.

Pioneer are not golden balls either.

I had to return a ddj1000 as the crossfader wasn’t right. Middle on hardware showed mid left on software. When it was returned and I tested it but it was worse than ever, so it went back and finally it was correct after 2 months. Plus the phono stages on it was horrendous and can’t play real vinyl, just DVS.

However it wasn’t pioneer whom fixed it. It was under a 3rd party whom was appointed by pioneerdj for repairs.

Really bad still you gear comes back mistreated guys. Some technicians clearly don’t give a fk on how it’s treated or returned. It’s just a ticket number for their work load. “Next”

Oh sh%t, i have just returned my immaculate looking X1850 for ch 1 & 3 fader repairs under warranty, and after reading these horror stories i’m soiling my pant. I hope mine comes back ok… Anyway my faders were failing at full open; either reducing the volume or cutting it out. These mixers are badly built items with cheap components installed Faders are an essential component on a mixer so these should always be decent quality, even if you have to do away with say the Lan module; which lets face it doesn’t work most of the time and just causes the mixer to run hot anyway.