X1800 no input sound

Would you mind divulging what service center you used? I called a few that Denon support referred me to and none of them seemed super familiar with the x1800.

InMusic Ratingen in Germany.

@Anthony_DDJ can lead you the way in your country.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m in the USA, near west coast

I have the exact same issue. Went over everything with Denon tech support to no avail, they just referred me to a list of service centers.

It would be helpful to know where the best place to replace my analog board would be. The tech didn’t seem familiar with this issue, but I’ve seen more than a couple of users deal with it just from these forums. It might be something to put in front of some engineers so that they know this is a weak point on the board. Having a setup like this completely break within 2 years is a huge disappointment.

Hey @TekelDNB - Happy to forward you to the right personnel. Feel free to DM me your email and phone number and I’ll get you sorted.

1 Like

Thank you so much! DM’d!

@TekelDNB I got into a conversation with the folks at MPC Stuff about sending my unit in for a new analog board. In the interest of time I bought new cables and started using the digital inputs to test that option, and have just been using the digital inputs since without any issue. Played about a half dozen events, which means the unit has been on the road and bumped around, which I do believe played a part before when the issue was appearing and disappearing without reason. Although using the digital inputs would seem to be an alternate fix, I should also mention that my mic has been fully operative at each of these events. Every time I’ve encountered the audio issue, my mic inputs, along with the line inputs, have been inoperative. So I dunno, maybe my analog board is currently working but I’m still playing with fire. I keep a small backup option in my bag for insurance. In the meantime I’m just using the digital inputs for my decks. I may still send it into MPC Stuff at some point but they were quite backed up for bench time and I had to make a move with gigs coming up.