X1800 mixer internal buzzing and sound distortion

I hadn’t tried to see if it played music yet, when I heard the clicking whirring sounds I was too nervous to see if it played music. I just checked now and I get no audio and then after a couple minutes it started playing and cutting in and out of having sound or not. I’m checking out those videos to see what can be done. Thanks for recommending that action.

This is concerning after spending over $1k on pro gear. I hope the players don’t turn out to have issues too.

Here is what mine sounds like.March 19, 2022 - YouTube

I did this but it only fixed it for a short time on mine, the only permanent fix was to send it to Denon and have parts replaced.

its a new PCB board fix.

@TheBeatConnecta hope you have a spare mixer to tide you over

Touch wood, I’m on 3 months of mine and no issues at all since putting this fix in.

I know 2 other DJ’s who I persuaded to buy (very cheap) second hand X1800 with this issue and to fix it themselves. They also had no issues after that and they got a DJM800-900 class club mixer that actually sounds good playing real vinyl for 1/3 of the price.

Tbh, all denon retailers should have recalled their customers and did this fix for free but inMusic are cheap bastaards that will only do the very minimum of customer support.

2 Likes

Regretfully I do not have an extra mixer, though I have some controllers to use while I wait, but I really don’t like using laptops at gigs due to reliability-this why I got the Denons.

This is the correct part right?

TWPC16A00502

on the job sheet

Do you know where I can buy that part?

No I don’t.

And I WOULD NOT recommend just buying the part.

Contact the support team to send your mixer in for repairs.

I have a professional who can install it for me, but I’ll check with an authorized servicer to see what they charge, but between shipping, parts and labor I’m imagining a pretty big expense tied to this. Where as a friend with decades of experience is less costly.

Its is really disappointing for professional gear to fail so early. I’ve been really pushing how awesome this gear is to people, but if I doesn’t last that kind of makes me a liar. I just hope the decks don’t start failing next. My brand confidence is a little shook.

Does anyone know if the x1850 has these issues too or does it seem more reliable?

I only paid for labour and shipping when mine was fixed…out of warranty as well.

I was looked after :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nice! That’s great news!

My mixer too has fallen to this same problem. Sad that a studio mixer that has never left the desk would fail like this! I couldn’t imaine taking this thing out to an event. Any reputable repair shops in the South East USA? The few tech support told me to contact want me to ship it to them for diagnosis. Then they will bill me the repair. Im not sure this equipment is worth repairing! Is Rane this poorly built? Looking for something dependable.

Found this on a youtube comment from the video on the grounding repair posted above, does any one has an update on just the grounding fix ?

Blockquote

Some people will get lucky with this fix for a short time like i did, but then i dug abit deeper in to this problem.

The problem is a row of 25v 100uf capacitors next to the relays on the top board with all the inputs and outputs. the capacitors are rubycon pk series and maybe denon bought a big batch of bad capacitors.

You will see two relays next to the xlr outputs and some more further down the board, change the 25v 100uf capacitors next to the relays, it will stop this issue my advice is use 105c low esr 25v 100uf caps, when i measured the original capacitors they had halfed in capacitance and were around 56uf this causes the relays to chatter or vibrate causing loss of output or distortion.

Blockquote

1 Like

My X1800 mixer is still not fixed to this day, I bought an X1850 mixer and i have a strange issue with it, it keeps turning buttons led on randomly, like the mic and talk over buttons for example, the mic isn’t actually turned on jus the led of it’s button is.

It also turns an effect button on randomly but the effect isn’t actually on, one time the master pan knob was in the center but the volume was shifted to the left speaker, i can hear it and i can see the volume meter displaying it too, a quick fix was to turn the pan knob either left or right then back to center then the pan comes back to center again.

But all this doesn’t affect my live performance much but this does, the mixer randomly switches input channels while mixing on it, i had it cut out on me multiple times during a wedding, the solution was to manually adjust the channel input select line for example then go back to digital or whatever you’ve been using before.

I’m currently waiting for my X1800 to be fixed so i can send my X1850 to be fixed.

Did this issue with X1850 happen to anyone else beside me? i can’t seem to find anyone having this issue.

Hello everyone, I’m facing a similar issue. Today, I replaced both Channel Faders 3/4. I had the crackling noise before as well. After the assembly, it is now gone, I have no idea why. However, the headphone output and Line Out XLR are now too quiet. Has anyone ever had a similar problem?