W h y? - L o c k e d?

Why was the “Using Apple phone into x1800 USB port 1 or 2” forum thread locked?

Are Denon really that bothered about x1800 owners using Tablets and Phones via the USB B ports?

Is that why they went with two USB B ports and not the standard USB A or new USB C standards.

Seems a strange one to me …

Some clarification would be good …

1 Like

It is an unintended use of the mixer. “To avoid any possible issues” might be the reasoning for removing the post.

The forum is a little goofy with the way stuff automatically gets locked and unlocked, as well as the required moderation of some posts. I doubt any actual person was involved in the lock.

No, @Chloe_DENONDJ closed a little too much this time. We where talking about possible apps to record a mix with ease, while the initial question was indeed answered.

About the A-B-C USB-types. On the mixer those are USB-B because it’s primarily used for connecting computers and those will never have a USB-B on that end of the cable.

One could argue that DenonDJ could have added a USB-A to connect a USB-drive or mobile device that the SC’s or mixer could use. There is already soo much options and connectivity available on this mixer, that I don’t see this as a deliberate design choice. Furthermore, I think they will exploit the ethernet connection more and more in the future.

This post could be moved to the correct topic when opened

“Furthermore, I think they will exploit the ethernet connection more and more in the future.”

(cough) Dante (cough)

1 Like

The NIC mac-addresses are in the Alesis manufacture range :wink:

Not sure what the significance of that is. The digital PPDs used Alesis chips inside, and I assume the X1700 was a Denon of Japan design. It would sort of make sense Alesis knowhow and other stuff (like mac addresses assigned to them) would be involved in the X1800. InMusic licensed the Denon Professional, Marantz Professional, and Denon DJ brandings of the Japanese company. I presume Denon Japan also kept their mac addresses allotment. Alesis make Dante gear? I also assume when eventually we can do track offloading from a computer, that this will be readily done through the X1800’s hub.

Well I think whomever is responsible for locking threads needs to step up and clarify why threads are being locked.

You cannot expect forum members to understand what they can and cannot talk about if no reasons are being given as to why threads are being locked. It’s just pi$$-poor forum etiquette and unprofessional.

It was more meant as a way of saying that there are already more links to other InMusic companies. Like the SC touchscreen that is of the Akai MPC brand.

You mention Dante. How do you see the transfer of audio over ethernet useful for a DJ?

I think it was a faulty click. All the other post where closed rightfully.

Hence why clarification is needed, Reese.

1 Like

Long distance running of digital output from the mixer to other digital gear in a festival environment when there isn’t an AES/EBU output on the X1800.

The FOH engineer will arrange that, but it could be a step/device less.

A normal DJ shall not be bothered with the lack of this function.

Bothered by it? It has an ethernet port. The Tour series has AES/EBU. SPDIF has range issues over coax. Seems like a reasonable thing for Denon DJ to add to the X1800 at some point. They’re already going sort of nuts on this lighting integration stuff with STAGELINQ. No normal DJ is going to care about that, either.

Just the abnormal ones (?). Hehehe There’ll always be a tiny percentage of DJs, usually suffering form verbal diarrhoea, who will go on (and on) about a minority feature, insisting that it’s a major thing etc

Stagelinq wants BPM data from the mixer, so yeah ethernet would be handy.

Like I said. The FOH will have a device less if this feature is implemented. Nothing more. Normally he/she will have an SPDIF to Dante box near the mixer.

The Tour is not for normal DJ’s. Btw, ask any DJ (including the famous over-priced top100 listers) “Do you know what Dante is?” Very curious about the answers to that question.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I read ‘Dante’ and automatically think of the ‘Devil May Cry’ video game.

:smirk:

1 Like

Most of them wouldn’t know what AES/EBU is, either. Point is, Pioneer has the TOUR stuff and Denon DJ does not. The X1800 has ethernet hardware, so adding the ability to send the audio over it might narrow the gap between the two brands’ offerings. There are license-free audio networking options other than Dante that could be pretty easily utilized also without license. I don’t expect any of it to be added, but it’d be a neat option and give the Prime series some cred.

1 Like