Volume very low on the stream even with master at full blast

Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone had a similar experience. I have been doing online streaming for years with different controllers and always manage to work things out, but right now I need help. I stream with VDJ (video + radio server) and as I said before always manage to work things out. But with Prime 4, the sound volume in the stream is minimum, even when I got the master volume at full blast and basically no difference, the volume is very low.

So my question is: As anyone come across in a similar situation or, is there anyone who streams with VDJ2021 using a Prime 4, had the same and sort it, or got a solution for it if existes.

How can I bost the volume of the streaming???

Many thanks in advance. Kind regards

I’ve “been there, done that”. Yes, the extremely low recording level set by Denon also affects the signal for streaming.

People were telling me my stream was quiet, but I didn’t realise just how quiet until I used a VU meter app to monitor the Windows audio level (when monitoring the stream). It was -24dB :flushed:

The VU meter is from Audio Level Meter (the one on the left) if you’re interested. I have it on screen the whole time I’m streaming, as it also allows me to see if the audio has died - which has happened a few times.

The way I got around it is to send the Prime 4 master output (RCA) to another audio interface, then select that interface as the stream feed in VDJ.

Hi PKtheDJ, Thank you for the tip, I will try and hopefully it will work, many thanks and will come back to you for the feedback buddy. Respects…

this can also be interesting for you

Following up on this post

regarding the issue of low volume on the master output of my Prime 4 compared to Serato or standalone VDJ mode, a new option has been added to increase the headphone, master, and recording gain on the Prime 4

``VirtualDJ - Lack of volume with Denon Dj Prime 4

1 Like

Yes, it’s been there a while. That’s great if you’re using the Prime 4 as a controller with VirtualDJ.

What’s really needed though is the ability to adjust these levels for standalone use.