Using Engine Prime and Rekordbox with same library?

I’m continuing to use EP to manage my file library for my Prime GO. I now have the opportunity to play out regularly on Pioneer equipment. For the first gig I created a separate folder with all the files I wanted, downloaded Rekordbox, analysed and exported a playlist.

I don’t see this as being the most sustainable long term solution, so my intention is to delete the separate folder and re-analyse my master folder in Rekordbox and just analyse any new tracks with both EP and RB.

Are there any pitfalls, tips and suggestions I should consider?

I also defaulted to FLAC with ripping (and downloading where available) - and the DJM900s CDJ900s I used at the weekend didn’t support. I think maybe I need to just re-standardise on 320 MP3s or else I’ll spend more of my time on file management than actually DJing, but willing to hear any arguments for retaining multiple file formats of the same tracks.

Thanks!

Did you mean the CDJs didn’t support it? The DJM is a mixer and should allow any audio signal that’s sent to it via rca.

I am aware some older CDJs do not support FLAC so if you are going to encounter those in the field then you have to consider a format that will play in most situations - AAC, AIFF, MP3 and WAV

WAV I believe is iffy with Metadata

Yes - sorry - CDJ900NXS is what I was/will be using.

I assume you mean the 10-year-old CDJ-900NXS ? If so, then the supported “File Formats” are below.

1. AAC

2. AIFF

3. MP3 (MPEG-1 32Kbps - 320 Kbps, MPEG-2 16 Kbps - 160 Kbps)

4. WAV

Yes that’s it. I knew what equipment was there and that it was not compatible with FLAC in advance - so I just prepared what I could with mp3s.

Before I play again I want to have as much of my library available to play as possible and am trying to figure out the most logical way to approach it.

I have a massive library of FLAC from Bandcamp. Because of my paranoia that I might show up to a gig and they only have pre-NXS2 CDJs, I just convert ALL my FLAC to AIFF now. In fact I’ve done it to my whole library. A great conversion app is ‘dBpoweramp’. You can get it for Mac or PC (or both like I have).

You can get it here (I’m not affiliated with them)

Thank you! Yes, I did wonder about doing AIFF. I think that might be the way to go.

I kicked myself as like you I’d downloaded all my bandcamp purchases in FLAC. I did think to myself “shall I just re-download all my BC purchases?”, but the set was only a 1hr b2b…. that ended up being 3hrs :confounded: