USB Drive is too slow while recording

I have SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 stick for recording my sets (https://shop.westerndigital.com/products/usb-flash-drives/sandisk-ultra-usb-3-0#SDCZ48-032G-A46) formated do exFAT. I recorded 3 sets with no problem (1-2 hours long) but last two times I had and “USB drive is too slow” error. Its not possible that this stick is to slow to record. What could cause this problem? I have internal 128GB SSD to store collection I don’t want to record internally.

I get that if I record to the same stick that I’m playing music files from. So, recording to a different drive is a big plus.

Recording gave me that message too when I was trying go to mix very large files, I was mixing two half hour mixes from my own previous recordings together.

Is anyone know of the top USB is 2.0 or 3.0? It’s not blue so my guess is 2.0. maybe this is causing my problem, because I’m always using top USB only.

Hi mate have u got your phone charger plugged in the back of unit in hat used to stop my recordings with same error

1 Like

No. Just USB stick plug into top USB for recording.

Also avoid cheap brand or unbranded usb sticks and any that offer data encryption or extra secure or auto backup or splash screens. All those latter types mean there’s some background process going on in the stick that slows the stick down.

SanDisk puts some encryption programs on their even most expensive USB’s. Found at least 5 out of 6 I bought… from 32 to 128GB But format the stick and it’s all good. Never had issues with my USB’s

1 Like

I will try to plug it into USB 2 or 3 in the back of the unit.

Wszystko OK, ale zaczynasz mieszac Polski z Angielskim, Bartku :wink:

1 Like

Rzeczywiście :yum: