Trying to update firmware on prime 4

I recieved a brand new prime 4 less than an hour ago, im trying to update firmware, i followed the instructions and up until pressing the reboot button, the touchscreen has gone to the denon splash screen but hasnt gone any further… how long does this process take? how do i know if its updating or if it has hung or what? it seems to be sitting here doing nothing…

pls help im really stressed…

We need more info on how you are trying to update. Did you download the update to your PC (or Mac) and are trying to update by connecting the computer to the Prime 4 via the blue USB cable (in which case you need to run the program you downloaded in your PC or Mac), or did you download the USB updater (stand alone) version of the firmware, that you must save to a USB flash drive, in which case you need to proceed as explained in (https://www.denondj.com/kb/prime-4-1-3-2-release-notes/)?

Hello @DBLTHNK, sorry to hear about your issues with your PRIME 4. We certainly need more information to be able to assist you. Alongside the valid questions @cesarvog asked, I’d like to ask:

-Which firmware are you trying to update to? (v1.3.2 or v1.4 Beta)

i was using usb updater, i have changed to the wired pc updater and it seems to be working now, false alarm…

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.