Traktor with Prime 4 as Controller?

I’m used to Traktor and imho it is more advanced than Engine at the moment. Is there anyone who managed to use the Prime 4 as Controller for Traktor?

4 Likes

You seem confused. Traktor is DJ software. Engine Prime is librarian software, not DJ software. It’s for preparing your tracks.

The Prime 4 is a standalone “DJ System”. It’s designed to be used without a computer, or DJ software.

Why would you buy a Prime 4 then just use it to control DJ software? That’s like buying a car then walking everywhere! There are plenty of controllers already on the market, if that’s what you need.

1 Like

Start a feature request for Traktor support.

I’m sure he is aware.

Where is the source of this information?

He prefers flying. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

EP :bike:, Traktor/Serato/Rekordbox :airplane:

Facts.

Why dont you continue preparing your tracks in Traktor, then sync it across using Engine Prime?

He seems of sound mind to me.

2 Likes

This … Plenty of options to make that work flawlessly.

1 Like

Hi @Yvomans, thanks for posting. As of now, PRIME 4 is only a standalone console, to be used with an external library, preferably prepped via Engine PRIME. It will be open to Serato DJ Pro in a future firmware update. Secondly, I agree with @mufasa. A Feature Request for Traktor support is a good idea, and you can start one here: https://community.enginedj.com/c/feature-requests

Even though the Prime 4 is not supported by Traktor, will it be possible to midi map the unit for DVS purposes? As Traktor 3 can run DVS through any soundcard, I’m assuming the on board soundcard in the Prime 4 should be able to work with no issues so you could technically hook up 2 turntables/cd players with timecode with the Prime 4 and midi map basic controls like hot cues etc?

Thanks all for your suggestions. I do understand the Prim4 for is a standalone system. That’s exactly why I bought it :wink:

Main point is in the workflow I’m struggling with related to Mixed in Key (MiK) and previous Traktor I was used to work with.

1. I add new tracks to MiK
  2. I have them imported in Traktor
  3. Cue points are synced to Traktor from MiK
  4. Traktor is used o rate and organize tracks in my library

Extra hurdle is that Engine has difficulties in syncing files from a network drive (all tracks are stored on a cloud synced drive).

Reason to keep Traktor in place is flawless MiK integration. It would then be easy and preferable to have the Prime 4 deck also connected to Traktor to do rating and Library management. Although syncing the Traktor collection to Engine can’t be done incremental, so when adding a bunch of new tracks it takes long to sync the full Traktor Collection (I can live with that for the moment).

Dont forget to like this feature request

https://community.enginedj.com/t/faster-library-refresh/13739?u=mufasa

3 Likes

Mac or Windows? If the former, check ATGR conversion tools. They might have something that allows you to keep your old workflow AND use P4 standalone. I believe the guy that writes those tools is an original Traktor user.

Windows. ATGR does not run unfortunately…

It’s what I said … “If the former”, being Mac.

I don’t see that someone created the feature request and I agree so I did it. Please Like this request “https://community.enginedj.com/t/ability-to-work-with-traktor-as-a-midi-controller/16999”

3 Likes