Track Moving out of Sync

Mufasa…i have already tried that.

Ok. That’s a strange one. I wouldn’t expect a drift with static platters like the Prime4 if the bpm are correct to start with as there is no wow and flutter.

If you use the same track on both decks does it drift?

Just to clarify, you used REANALYSE and not ANALYSE on the two tracks in question

There are two 2 analyses options when you right click

I’ve never had drift on all the non-M Prime players.

2 Likes

Mojaxx has been regularly using the Ms on his Twitch streams, and the mixing is seamless. He told me he hasn’t had issues with sticker drift either.

1 Like

On my mixes you dont notice any abnormal drifting aside from an occasional gallop. Up until now ive just had to wurk harder at it. Not necessarily a baf thing but can get tedious and annoying sometimes.

So i did re-analyze (not analyze) my techno folder. Its the genre for me that a put in the most delicate effort it that makes sense? And it seemed to help. I only try’d a few tracks with varrying bpms so far and it would appear that the drift idea has resolved, to be by my feeling of it, half as much. Which then again by my feeling seems to be an appropriate or normal amount of drift as compared to previously stated. We will see first hand if this was simply an analyzing something something once I put more time into it to observe this more. Thanks for all the input everyone! I reely appreciate it!

Try and set nudge sensitivity too the lowest and go from there.

Reese…I already have it set on the lowest sensitivity

Okay great. :ok_hand:t2:

I have a similar problem but with the Sync Mode activated. My right deck always “goes” out of sync. All the hints of this thread were used and some more:

• different tracks
  • same track on both players
  • re-analyzed tracks
  • changed the master deck between left and right
  • nudge sensitivity low

Even if I just hit the Sync button, press play on both decks and step back, the sync button on the right player starts blinking and the tracks keep sliding apart. Sometimes it needs 1 second, sometimes up to about 10 but it always happens but just with the right player.

EDIT: I can see the jog wheel indicator that it’s touched turn on for a millisecond every few seconds. I guess that is the problem. The Foil has just been removed but the problem is still the same.

Does anybody has an idea?

This looks like a Grounding issue. Check on different power socket. Check also in different place - maybe different room, house?

I tried different grounds, rooms and socket and the bug still appears. I sent it back to the online shop and wait for their feedback. Thanks for your ideas.

1 Like

I’m going to try some experiments to see if I get the same issues on my Prime 4.

This is definitely not good. This causes Your music to shift… Can be, that You have bad grounding in general in Your house. Did You tried in a different house?

If indeed it’s a ground issue, do Denon engineering need to revisit the device?

It’s easier to change a single device than to rewire a home.

1 Like

On one side yes, but that also indicates that if the grounding is wrong, the house electric circuit is not correctly protected… best is to make a grounding test by a certified person

What about random venues where you can’t test before a gig?

Are there any add on devices that can be used to correct bad grounding?

1 Like

Actually there are. I used on stages a grounding pin, that we used to ground the truss on the outdoor areas, also there is a version that you can use with regular power socket. Looks like a regular plug, just has plastic pins, and metal grounding connection. The wire attached is a 6-10mm thick with a connectors on both ends. You can use it with a clamp to ground Your gear further to a pin or to a water pipes that You make sure run in to the ground to spread the static charge.

So the problems with JOGs depend on the static charge that the human body can have with respect to the ground? How come these capacitive JOGs have these problems? I haven’t heard of similar problems with other capacitive jog consoles.

P.S.: for now my P4 is fine and has no problems, I specify it because maybe those who read the posts may think that ALL the P4s have this problem, but this is not true.

I was not refering to the jog wheel in my answer but to the grounding in general. Static charge can affect touch sensitive decices like Prime 2/4 or SC5000/6000. But it should be calibrated during startup to behave correctly in present environment. However it has a limited option to make a reference against the grounding from the power socket. I think that Denon should do a further investigation of this issue in different possible environments. Like: grounding, no grounding, AC generator (like djing on a moving truck/wagon), DC to AC car converter, etc… Then that research could lead to improvement of the touch functionality. Let’s give them some time and see what comes out…

2 Likes

Yes I tried several setups before sending it back. I just recieved the new device which works perfectly fine now, despite having quite different Jog Wheel resistances. But I am willing to accept that regarding the price / feature ratio that the Prime 4 offers. Thank you all for your help so far.

1 Like