Sweep efx on channel 4 using vinyl

Connected my 1200’s to input 4 to use my vinyls but my sweep EFX aren’t working. Do I have a defective unit? Thanks in advance for any help.

I believe the FX only work with the built in digital decks, one of the compromises to bring it in at the price it is I guess.

I know the built in 14 efx are for internal use but thought the 4 sweep efx can be used for external sources.

See this related post where @Nekoro_DenonDJ answers the question :

The results are anyhow different on the X1800 mixer, but that alone costs almost the same as the P4.

Thanks I did read that earlier but you said the sweep effects still worked with your connection of an iPhone through RCA cables so shouldn’t the sweep work for vinyl from 1200’s work also??

This was on the X1800 mixer… Not on the Prime 4. There might be a difference as its 2 different products. Like I stated, the X1800 mixer cost almost the same as a full Prime 4 unit.

That would make sense. Although limited, the available FX on the MCX8000 (Echo, Noise, Phase) do work with external sources. Perhaps this will be available on a future Prime 4 firmware release.