Streaming Service Load Times over 4G

Of course, backup of backup nonetheless. But I’m afraid these new generations will not do that because then what is the point of streaming if not to loose that time consuming part of buying, prepping and storing files on media. We’ll see soon, I expect this summer season to see a lot of Denon gear in booths :wink:

I pondered this idea and experimented a bit with it last year but for something else.

I run an outdoor laser tag business that uses actual military grade laser rifles and their associated accessories. This requires a network to function to access google maps, monitor and stream lq videos in remote areas where there is no cell signal.

The solution that was working at the time was a marine or truck grade cellular booster. The good thing about these is that you can set it to boost only your signal.

If you are just using other wifi than yours than you should consider a wifi booster.

I tried on my satellite internet today. About 30-45 seconds download time for a 5-6 minute track. Should be good enough for any outdoor events in remote areas.

To give more of a point if reference, I get two bars if I’m lucky where I live (brick house, metal roof, middle of nowhere).

How much do you pay for intsat?

What I do is I set up an autonomous lan for the area of operation and then I need google maps for games this is where cell boosters come in.

I forgot about intsat and I thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I currently pay $75 a month for 120 GB.