Stagelinq protocol API availability? (Part 1)

I get as well a java error with the latest app.

will try it out later.

Oh weird that looks like the denon log.txt file is missing, I’ll update this when I’m back at my computer.

Yeah had that a number of times during my live set tonight, quick and dirty fix was to quiet the app, delete all the output files and restart it.

@Lukas-We Not sure why the log.txt file is missing on your machine, it should ship with the download above. If it’s still an issue, you can create an empty txt file at that path and it should work as expected.

Do you have a screenshot of the error you received / do you know which tracks caused you issues? Would like to test on the next version of unbox if possible, thanks!

Sure, hope that helps?

1 Like

Yeah this is helpful, try this it should set the undefined artist / tracks to empty strings and avoid this error: unbox-mac.zip - Google Drive

Many thanks for your answer ! It is working like a charm now after :

• Moving the unbox.app to the application folder (removed the unbox-max folder as you stated)
  • Turned off Wifi “On the Mac” (I firstly thought about Wifi on the SC5000 !)

Last issue, if you quit the app then launch it again, it’s not working (looks like the listening port is not released properly on first quit). Is it a known issue ?

EDIT: Tried with the version you post on your reply (with the logs), I can now restart the app as many time as I want to !

Next step is to get the script work on a Raspberry, to display current playing track (an other information such as current BPM) on a display like shown on this video : https://youtu.be/ZNGXFf4aGp8 (jump to 11")…

Nice glad it’s working now, is the Raspberry Pi connected to the internet? If it is, you don’t need the go script to run on the Raspberry, you can just pull down the current artist / track txt file using your IP in place of localhost like: 192.168. 1.1:8080/rekordbox_stream.txt. Let me know if you want other info in a text file like this (bpm, etc.), and I can send over an app version that pulls this down as well.

Btw sorry for rekordbox in the txt filename here, I just named this when I only supported rekordbox.

1 Like

@erikrichardlarson I’ve beed successfully using Unbox from my streams for a while now, but I found one weird bug - after approximately 2 hours it stops reading what is being played and I have to restart it (if I notice it ofc). After restarting it works again without issues though. It’s hard to tell what exactly is wrong as there are no logs, but I remember you are already working on adding some logging. Just a heads up

The Raspberry won’t be connected to internet, the idea is to connect the Raspberry directly to the X1800, in order to remove the mac from the setup. By the way, I noticed a strange issue related to my X1800 mixer: the channel 2 is faulty and not sending .99 value. I knew the channel fader was faulty, but your app confirmed that ! Regarding to the Raspberry, if you have any advise to share, feel free !

Oh weird, are you on mac? You could try using the version that @Psaac is using and is linked above to help with logging, we might be able to find out what causes the break out of the discovery loop.

Oh interesting we ran into this issue with @ReOrderDJ’s 1800s as well, what is the fader value that is coming through?

I see, any particular reason you want to remove the mac from the setup? Also is there any way to get your Raspberry connected to the internet?

No, I’m on PC. It’s surprisingly consistent 2hr mark, maybe there is a timeout somewhere? I’m not using the HTML files to display, I’m parsing .json and using TXT files for artist and track, but I don’t think it matters anyhow.

It is random, between 0.75 and 0.93 (approx)

My goal is to use the RGB Panel in live situations (small clubs/bars), not for streaming, so I don’t want to bring extra gear :slight_smile: Why connect the rPi to Internet would help ?

Oh interesting, would your Denon decks be networked at the club? You’ll need a connection to the same network that the decks are on to receive the messages that the decks send out over the network.

I haven’t played with a raspberry pi before but it seems possible to get the data you want if it was on the same network as your Denon gear, and had a compiled version of the go script running.

Weird, maybe there is a check we can add to look for a disconnection and reconnect as needed, I’ll look into this.

Hey guys. Recent owner of the Prime 4. I’m an interactive visual artist and broadcast tech for a venue.

I’m interested in building a tool in Touchdesigner to provide streamer DJs with set-driven visualizers and tools to build out their overlays.

Touchdesigner has different ways of getting data through various protocols, (Ableton Link, MIDI, OSC, UDP, etc. How feasible would it be to get Stagelinq adapted to an accepted input?

Talking about reading fader/knob positions, button presses, etc. once I can get the data in Touchdesigner, it will support outputting to OBS, projection mapping, controllable DMX lighting, and much more.

2 Likes

Cool idea, the go library that implements the Stagelinq protocol can emit this data continuously: go-stagelinq/value_names.go at master · icedream/go-stagelinq · GitHub

Fader positions would be in there, and play/pause is tracked. Maybe this could be a start? Happy to help where needed.

2 Likes

Okay, seems to work for a track or two then freezes on the last track. Doesn’t crash just stops updating. If you restart it works again. Was thinking maybe we could have an input box so you can type in Dj Name - Show Name - So if there is missing metadata it simply shows ‘DJ XYZ - MyShow XYZ’

Anyway just an idea for you :smiley:

1 Like