Stagelinq protocol API availability? (Part 1)

I’d say that it should. The connections on the back of the Denon mixers are effectively hubs too - just that they are built into the mixer, and the mixer LAN is already fed in.

An unmanaged switch like the TP Link TL-SF1005P should do the trick.

1 Like

We’re live on @ReOrderDJ’s channel

4 Likes

Looking amazing!

@erikrichardlarson re the SC6000 and omnitronic mixer, we tested the app out and whilst the track ID was picked up, as soon as the track was cue’d it would display. The faders didn’t have any effect on what track ID was displayed.

if you cannot establish a engine connection via mix with the decks it will do this. I have the same issue with my denon mixer, if i don’t see the engine logo the unbox is doing exactly hat you mentioned

2 Likes

I think what’s needed is an option to enable a delay timer, so that it waits until a track has actually been played for XX seconds before displaying the title.

…or perhaps if the other track is still playing (and has been for a while), it waits until the first track is stopped before displaying the next track.

1 Like

Yeah we could do the delay, I also wonder if there is something we could set on the deck that is active to mark it as the current master, like turning on the keylock or maybe turning on the sync mode? Basically thinking we could have a marker with an existing deck button that doesn’t really affect the actual track being played, but helps to differentiate between an active deck / not an active deck. Anyone with SC5000s / 6000s have thoughts here? @Ste_barrow

@erikrichardlarson I don’t know if you’re aware but a lot of DJs are using an app called seeqnc that works by listening to the actual audio as it plays, to identify the track.

Beatport are using it on streams, and it seems popular (at least on Twitch) - but it’s really slow to display tracks (presumably due to the listening aspect) and often is unable to display a track ID or gets it wrong.

Adding a small delay to your app will still put it way ahead of seeqnc - which really is sluggish.

1 Like

Ah yeah I’ve seen this around, good to know. Cool I’ll try to make configurable delay and push that out with the next update. Thanks for the feedback!

Edit: I actually just reached out to them about a data partnership, I like how they allow artists to see who’s played their tracks out. We’ll see what they think.

1 Like

Excellent! The seeqnc co-founder albird81 (he’s on Twitch too) seems like a nice guy.

1 Like

The problem with a lot of that is that the audio fingerprinting doesn’t work with remixes or edits but with the original tracks it’s spot on.

Unbox can plug this gap.

Maybe offer the data that we display on our feeds if they let us have access to their ID data. It could be a two-way street that benefits both.

It’s a really good idea @erikrichardlarson and think it will benefit all users of all softwares under Unbox.

3 Likes

Yeah that would be awesome, I have call set up with them Friday so I’ll report back.

1 Like

@MrWilks Had the call this AM, planning to set up the next version of unbox to send track data if users opt in as a way to support the artists played out. What were you thinking in terms of access to seeqnc’s ID data? Like know which tracks are being played out or are popular at the moment according to their dataset or ?

1 Like

@erikrichardlarson This would be a handy feature to have. A little “Hot right now” feature would be kinda cool. I like that there is room for both of you and as you take a direct lift from the players you can see unofficial remixes too. I would be happy to share my data for the benefit of the artists or for the content creators to get paid and to build a chart.

I was a user of radar.dj but with their latest version it seems to be buggy. They log tracks and report back what is played RADR

1 Like

Awesome I’ll relay this to them and see what we can do to build that out. Yeah agreed it’s a win-win, excited to see what we can do here.

1 Like

Hi ! Trying to make the Mac Version to work (many thanks to @erikrichardlarson for your work !!!).

Setup : SC5000m (pair) + X1800. Connected through ethernet cable to a MacBook Pro (2020, not the latest M1 stuff), running on latest OSX (BigSur). By the way, is there a difference between the “PC” connector and other connectors on the X1800 ?

Unbox : No luck, Javascript error complaining about read-only file system… (unbox is located in the Applications folder) Tried to launch the app through terminal: no errors, but still not working. Tried one of your many debug scripts (can’t remember which one !), I did get some data (and track info !) but after some time (few minutes), the script said the connection had been resetted by peer and I could not launch it anymore (maybe I should restart OSX). I do have some developer skills so I would be glad to help !

yes, there is. PC lan connector has no affect on engine os mediaplayer behavior & setup. 1 till 4 assgins/ routes the layers to x1800 channels.

Have you turned off your WiFi? It only works for me for the first time after a restart.

I turn the Mixer on first and let it come up completely and then turn on the Players.

Yoo sounds like you’re close to getting it to work. For the Javascript error you just need to take the unbox.app file and put that into your Applications folder, this read-only error happens when unbox is opened within the “unbox-mac” directory. Let me know if that doesn’t work.

For the connection error, I would try turning off your WiFi per @Lukas-We’s suggestion, and try using this version of the app (unbox-mac.zip - Google Drive) that will show debug logs for you in app so we can maybe see what happens when you lose connection:

Try making a copy of the folder, that should fix the JAVA issue otherwise it just means Artist or Song info is missing. I think they were going to fix that in a later version.