Ssd issue on windows

Ok. Also, alles funktioniert jetzt wie gewünscht?

This is the exact video that I used to help me out with the same issue. I also have windows 10 pro. As Ethan stated, I kept my hard drive in the prime 4.

Ja alles funktioniert nun .-)

PS: der P4 produziert größere WAV Dateien als mein alter DDJ RX von Pioneer,( ein 2h Mix ist über 1,8 GB nun größer als ein 3 h Mix (unter 1 GB) auf dem DDJ RX. Ich verstehe das nicht! Die Effekte sind auch nicht so stark wie bei Pioneer;-( Der Flanger z.B. klingt auch etwas anders als bei Pioneer. Das sind jetzt erst mal ein paar Dinge die mir negativ auffielen.

Ich teste noch weiterhin das Gerät. Mal gucken ob es noch besser wird.

WAV is uncompressed, so it will be a difference in bitrate and oversampling settings.

24bit-48kHz will be a bigger file than a 16bit-44kHz file

WAV at 24bit-44.1kHz is about 0,2646 MBps. So a 2 hours set will be 1905 MB (1.86 GB).

The Pioneer is probably not WAV, but MP3. Or mono.

T.H.X. Reese for your Information.

But NO. My old DDJ-RX from Pioneer made Recording WAV Files. all my old Sets are in WAV…i hav looked today in the Morning in my PC. -)

But i hav found https://www.chip.de/downloads/LameXP_42077756.html , a Link for an Software to make WAV to FLAC(you can Upload sucessfull FLAC also to Soundcloud). 50-60% losless comprimation .-)

Zitat: Um eine große Anzahl an Audio-Dateien verlustfrei zu speichern oder zu übertragen, eignet sich das FLAC-Format besonders gut. Es komprimiert die WAV-Datei verlustfrei um 50 bis 60 Prozent.

When Im Home at the evening i will try my best to make the file smaller.-) and with Audacity…i have to make more Compressor etc. for more Volume. My Set is to quietly ,-( Was the first Set with the P4…

Try and Error…a good Way to find some new things in your new Hardware.-))

You’re saying that the Pioneer records to WAV. If the file is about 1GB after 3 hours, the math is as follows:

• 1 GB = 1024 MB.

• 3 hours = 180 minutes = 10800 seconds

• recording at 1024/10800 = 0,09481 MB per second

• 0,09481x8 = 0,75851 Mbit per second

• 0,75851x1000x1000 = 758758 kbps

• normal stereo bitrate of cd-audio is 16bit-44.1kHz per channel, so that would be 16x44100x2 = 1411200 kbps

That’s about double of the Pioneer recording.

Either the Pioneer is recording WAV in mono at 16bit-44.1kHz or in stereo at 8bit…or something else like mp3. The Pioneer MOST LIKELY does not record in FLAC/ALAC/AIFF.

:sunglasses::sunglasses::nerd_face::nerd_face:

Anyway the Prime4 does a better/normal uncompressed recording.

1 Like

ah ok. Then makes the Pioneer compressed WAV Files. Nice to know.

Yeah Prime 4 makes uncompressed Files…that explained why is so big that file.

But wie LameXP i will try it later to compressed in FLAC.) But first i hav to make a round in Audacity with my Mix.its to quietly-)

WAV is generally uncompressed bitstream PCM. It has been like that for nearly 30 years.

I don’t think the Pioneer compresses the WAV, but who knows. You could wetransfer a short recording and paste a link here for me to check.

all my old records are in WAV after Mixing with DDJ-RX Pioneer, trust me.) had checked my file and a 3h Mix was smaller than my 2 h Mix from last Night with the P4.

i think that Pioneer make directly in the Device a compression. a great Tool, so hopefuly Denon learned from Pioneer.-)lol

BTW; with Lame XP, i try to make a smaller file. it takes really longt time(50MB DSL at Home) on soundcloud. with the smaller Files from Pioneer it was much faster at Upload.-)

Just convert to MP3. Not a single streaming company has a decent quality anyway. You can upload a high bitrate WAV to SoundCloud or Mixcloud and it eventually ends up as a 128kbps bitstream.

1 Like

No way. Want not make MP3…read it .–)

and its senseless zu Buy AIFF at Beatport and then you make a MP3 Compressed File.-) You know?.)

WAV sounds better and hav less loss of quality.)

Yes WAV is the best possible recording method with zero loss of quality (most of my music collection is), but if you end up putting it online it will be compressed anyway, so crap becomes more crap.

So if your Prime4 recordings are for online purpose, than simply convert WAV to MP3 with like 320k compression to save diskspace.

If your Prime4 recordings are (also) for your own archival purpose, than keep it WAV (storage costs are very low these days) or convert to lossless like FLAC.

1 Like

One other Question. Hope you can help.-)? between the mix…how can i switch the speed without hearing it while Mixing?

German:

Wie kann ich die Geschwindigkeit ändern von der Musik während ich auflege, ohne das man es hört wie es langsam schneller oder langsamer wird.

Bei meinem DDJ RX konnte ich es in der Software eingeben und dann im richtigen Moment durch klick der Entertaste bestätigen.

Zudem fiel mir auch auf das es manchmal gar nicht funktioniert die Geschwindigkeit zu ändern. Sicher hat das was mit dem Keylock zu tun…aber manchmal dauert es ein paar Sekunden bis die Geschwindigkeit sich ändert obwohl ich diese bereits schon verändert hatte!

Strange.-)

Haven’t used a Pioneer CDJ actively since 1994, do you mean that you could type a pitch value and press enter? That’s not possible on a Prime.

I think you mean this? See: SC5000M Pitch slider freezing & firmware update issue - #3 by Reese

hm.ok. Found not the rights answer to me. i will try it self later.

other question, ist that normal that booth players go down or up with the speed when i take the left or right pitcher with my hand?

“Haven’t used a Pioneer CDJ actively since 1994, do you mean that you could type a pitch value and press enter? That’s not possible on a Prime.” OK; is that possible that i can switch from 122 bpm to 125bpm for excample while mixing?

I don’t know how to explain the obvious stuff.

Pitch changes tempo. So if you want to go from 122bpm to 125bpm, you need to change the pitch fader to the + direction. If pitch reacts on both players, you’re probably using SYNC.

Because it’s dual layer, the pitch fader needs to catch-up, if you changed it on the other layer. Read the link I posted that explains it. It is also called soft-takeover.

The Prime4 kit is an advanced device. Begin by reading the manual and check all the options.

Also this goes a bit off-topic here. Perhaps it’s better to start new topics with separate questions, so more people will react and help you better. There surely must be a German speaking Prime4 user here, that could better explain and answer your questions.

Pitch changes tempo. So if you want to go from 122bpm to 125bpm, you need to change the pitch fader to the + direction. ROFL.-) thats clear and Logic.))

Because it’s dual layer, the pitch fader needs to catch-up, if you changed it on the other layer. Read the link I posted that explains it. It is also called soft-takeover. Makes Sense.-) Thx -)

Yeah i will more read and more playing with my P4 to find more stuff and cool tools what it has.-)

Also alles klar!? :wink:

Sometimes other users have already had the similar questions, so do search the forum also. And don’t limit the search to Prime4 as de SC5000+X1800 share the same philosophy!

yeah,alles klar.-) Hav found new Failure. The “On” Button from FX2 Effect Station goes on…without pushing this Button. I start the Track end the “ON” Button has activate himself! ( Big Dislike!

Where can i post it here in the Forum? to many Themes here…:wink:

Prime4 bug or just start a normal topic.