Ssd issue on windows

We installed an ADATA SSD 2TB and then proceeded and followed all instructions and videos to format the SSD. I have Windows 10 and my computer could not find the SSD drive in the P4. I my friend and I tried everything on 3 different Windows computers and all had the same result. We solved it by connecting a MAC computer and the SSD finally showed up and were able to format it to EFAT. We then proceeded to reconnect the windows computer and were able to see the P4 SSD. We do not know why this happen but we want to share our experience. Our other solution would have been to use a SSD docking station and format it and then installing it into the P4.

Some new SSD are not initialized and windows does not show them in explorer.

You have to go to the Disk Manager and initialize the drive. :slightly_smiling_face:

This video can help for the next time and of course you can do this using the Prime 4 in controller mode. Don’t need a docking station :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hey Mate. T.H.X. for that Video from you.)

I hav an Win 7 System PC and also the Problem that my PC doesnt show the installed Crucial 480GB SSD Card. Your way what you show in your video…worked also in Win7? …

1 Like

Step-by-step:

[HOW TO] Install, Prepare and Load Music onto PRIME 4's Internal SATA Drive

3 Likes

T.H.X: Reese. Will check it tonight at my pc at home. will do the steps from EthanLeo and You. Hopefuly it works.-)!

No problem.

The disk is not used for any other data yet, I presume. Steps will erase all data

1 Like

Yeah, its a new Crucial 480 GB SSD Card. but t.h.x. for your Note .-)

1 Like

TanzBarKeiten As you can see, @Reese has made a nice step by step guide :+1: to initialize a brand new SSD / Hard disk. Same on Windows 7 :+1:

2 Likes

yeah hav seen at.-)

i cant click “New simple Volume” -.(

But i can see my extern SSD Card,) First Step worked…but not more.-(

works all fine…but Prime Engine doesnt show my P: partipation

at the desk from my P4 is see my named new SSD Card in P: Partipation

but Prime Engine show only C: and D: when i click D: and then Music on the right side i can see my Music File at C: i can click it and than i see on the right side the tracks. thats good.but why cant see P: to make my music inside? thats makes my a bit angry. 1699,- € and a lot of failures. Sometimes he show me just 1 Tracks. Second try and then i see all tracks. its strange.hope you know what i can do now.-)?

Update:worked all fine.to complicated to explain…but it works…finally,-))

1 Like

So you formatted the SSD with option exFAT and gave it the driveletter P?

However, could you check step2?

It is weird that Engine Prime does not see the external drive.

German is not my native language, but I think I understand it better if you repeat your last explanation in German. I don’t exactly know what you’re saying in English. You could also message me on this forum.

Other option is to have a German support representative contact you.

Hi Reese. Ok ich versuche es in Deutsch .-)

Ich habe alles so gemacht wie Du und EthanLeo es erklärt habt.Soweit so gut.

Als ich die Computerverwaltung (Disk Management) fand (Rechtsklick auf “Computer”) öffnete sich anschließend nicht das Initialize Disk Window.

Ich wiederholte den Vorgang bis sich dieses Fenster dann öffnete.

Dann habe ich die Einstellung MBR gewählt da ich noch Win 7 habe und EthanLeo ja auch empfahl das man MBR wählen sollte (der Hersteller macht dies übrigens auch in seinem Video auf YT) wenn man ein älteres Betriebssystem verwendet. Dann klickte ich auf OK.

Ich sah dann auch endlich meine Crucial 480GB SSD Card, konnte aber nicht per Rechtsklick anschließend “New Simple Volume” sehen. Es war ausgegraut.

Ich weiß nicht mehr was ich dann getan habe, entweder den Vorgang wiederholt oder auf dem Bildschirm vom P4 auf das Laptop Symbol geklickt…keine Ahnung, jedenfalls ging es dann irgendwann das ich es dann installieren konnte.

Ich wählte alles so aus wie EthanLeo und Du es beschrieben hattet.

Ich wählte auch NTFS. Es funktionierte aber nicht. Ich wählte dann exFat und schrieb bei Volume Label meine gewählte Bezeichnung rein. PS: P: wählte ich das es für P:rime stehen sollte.-)

Es funktionierte dann soweit alles. Prime Engine hat mehrere Neustarts gebraucht um dann endliche meine SSD Card ( P: TanzBarKeiten ) zu erkennen. Dann konnte ich alle gewählten Tracks in meinen Collection Ordner machen, wie es durch Denon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4908o1OhL74 beschrieben wurde.

Ich probierte dann endlich meinen P4 mal so richtig aus(Effekte etc.-)und heute teste ich noch ob er auf ordentlich aufnehmen kann… Hatte es gestern Nacht vergessen zu testen. Aber bisher ist alles gut und ich bin Happy. Hoffen wir mal das es so bleibt,-)

Danke noch mal an euch 2 .-)) https://soundcloud.com/tanzbarkeiten my Old Mixes. New Mixes Follow next Days with my P4 ,.-)

Ok. Also, alles funktioniert jetzt wie gewĂĽnscht?

This is the exact video that I used to help me out with the same issue. I also have windows 10 pro. As Ethan stated, I kept my hard drive in the prime 4.

Ja alles funktioniert nun .-)

PS: der P4 produziert größere WAV Dateien als mein alter DDJ RX von Pioneer,( ein 2h Mix ist über 1,8 GB nun größer als ein 3 h Mix (unter 1 GB) auf dem DDJ RX. Ich verstehe das nicht! Die Effekte sind auch nicht so stark wie bei Pioneer;-( Der Flanger z.B. klingt auch etwas anders als bei Pioneer. Das sind jetzt erst mal ein paar Dinge die mir negativ auffielen.

Ich teste noch weiterhin das Gerät. Mal gucken ob es noch besser wird.

WAV is uncompressed, so it will be a difference in bitrate and oversampling settings.

24bit-48kHz will be a bigger file than a 16bit-44kHz file

WAV at 24bit-44.1kHz is about 0,2646 MBps. So a 2 hours set will be 1905 MB (1.86 GB).

The Pioneer is probably not WAV, but MP3. Or mono.

T.H.X. Reese for your Information.

But NO. My old DDJ-RX from Pioneer made Recording WAV Files. all my old Sets are in WAV…i hav looked today in the Morning in my PC. -)

But i hav found https://www.chip.de/downloads/LameXP_42077756.html , a Link for an Software to make WAV to FLAC(you can Upload sucessfull FLAC also to Soundcloud). 50-60% losless comprimation .-)

Zitat: Um eine groĂźe Anzahl an Audio-Dateien verlustfrei zu speichern oder zu ĂĽbertragen, eignet sich das FLAC-Format besonders gut. Es komprimiert die WAV-Datei verlustfrei um 50 bis 60 Prozent.

When Im Home at the evening i will try my best to make the file smaller.-) and with Audacity…i have to make more Compressor etc. for more Volume. My Set is to quietly ,-( Was the first Set with the P4…

Try and Error…a good Way to find some new things in your new Hardware.-))

You’re saying that the Pioneer records to WAV. If the file is about 1GB after 3 hours, the math is as follows:

• 1 GB = 1024 MB.

• 3 hours = 180 minutes = 10800 seconds

• recording at 1024/10800 = 0,09481 MB per second

• 0,09481x8 = 0,75851 Mbit per second

• 0,75851x1000x1000 = 758758 kbps

• normal stereo bitrate of cd-audio is 16bit-44.1kHz per channel, so that would be 16x44100x2 = 1411200 kbps

That’s about double of the Pioneer recording.

Either the Pioneer is recording WAV in mono at 16bit-44.1kHz or in stereo at 8bit…or something else like mp3. The Pioneer MOST LIKELY does not record in FLAC/ALAC/AIFF.

:sunglasses::sunglasses::nerd_face::nerd_face:

Anyway the Prime4 does a better/normal uncompressed recording.

1 Like

ah ok. Then makes the Pioneer compressed WAV Files. Nice to know.

Yeah Prime 4 makes uncompressed Files…that explained why is so big that file.

But wie LameXP i will try it later to compressed in FLAC.) But first i hav to make a round in Audacity with my Mix.its to quietly-)