SoundSwitch v2.2 Now Available!

Hi Everyone,

We are pleased to announce a new release from one of our sister brands SoundSwitch. This update adds some very strong new features, a UI refresh and hardware compatibility for the forthcoming Engine OS products. See the full details below.

SOUNDSWITCH® FLIPS THE SCRIPT WITH NEW ADVANCED LIGHTING AUTOMATION AND AUTOMATED PHRASE DETECTION!

The latest v2.2 software from SoundSwitch delivers the most accurate, powerful Automated Phrase Detection available, enabling DJs to create professional and immersive light shows with a single click.

Ft. Lauderdale FL, USA (March 26, 2020) - SoundSwitch, the leading provider of DJ lighting control software and hardware, today announced SoundSwitch version 2.2. This update makes it easier than ever for DJs to sync exciting lighting effects to the most dramatic points in the music, thanks to its all-new Phrase Detection Algorithm that automatically detects song characteristics and major music sections. The update also introduces a major autoscript upgrade, refreshed user interface, new hardware support as well as a number of usability improvements and stability enhancements.

Highlights of software version 2.2 are as follows:

Advanced Lighting Automation

SoundSwitch’s already impressive autoscript feature undergoes a significant upgrade with speed improvements and individual light fixture assignments. The DMX universe menu now offers Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Wash and Spot fixture assignments as well as Strobe/Blinder assignment. The new advanced lighting automation with individual fixture assignments creates professional and immersive light shows automatically, all within seconds.

Automated Phrase Detection

This exciting new feature automatically detects major music sections including intros and outros, main one and two sections as well as middle and bridge sections. In addition, the Automated Phrase Detection can also identify unique musical features such as drops, breakdowns and build-ups within each of these sections. In the past this would have been a manual process, but now with v2.2 it’s automated and easier than ever!

Refreshed User Interface

In version 2.2, users will experience a more modern and cleaner working space. The new UI now offers a quick access Automation button, and a new Automation Settings window loaded with presets and advanced features to fully customize autoscripted light shows.

New DJ Hardware Support

SoundSwitch v2.2 is now compatible with the latest standalone offerings from Denon DJ: the SC6000, SC6000M, X1850, PRIME 2 and PRIME GO. In the Preferences page, a new option for Engine OS has been added where users can select between Players + Mixer or All-in-One.

In addition, v2.2 delivers the following notable enhancements:

• Ability to duplicate venues (fixture information only)
  • Ability to clear, double and half beat grids
  • Ability to copy and paste between venues (single track only)
  • Multiple stability enhancements and improvements

The new phrase detection feature greatly increases the speed, power and accuracy of SoundSwitch’s existing Autoscripting feature,” said SoundSwitch’s Product Owner, Matt Watkins. "Results that were once the domain of advanced users, via the manual tools, can now be achieved in seconds, automatically. It’s a feature upgrade that changes the landscape for the DJ lighting industry.”

Videos

Try SoundSwitch today for free with a compatible DMX interface.

• Compatible third-party interfaces include one free month SoundSwitch access
  • SoundSwitch branded interfaces, including the Micro DMX Interface, include a 3-month free subscription
  • All Engine OS products include 2-month free subscription. Register you product to unlock your promo code.
  • Subscription pricing starts at just $7.99 per month or $79.99 annually

SoundSwitch is compatible with various DJ platforms such as Engine OS, Serato DJ, Virtual DJ, and any DJ or DAW application that offers Ableton ‘Link’ functionality.

Are you ready to enhance your DJ performance with immersive automated lighting?

Give SoundSwitch a try today for free!

3 Likes

Looks good. The downsides are the Subscription (so I’ll never buy it for that reason) and no mention of MCX8000 might alarm some users of older products

They can continue using it with Serato DJ Pro or Virtual DJ 2020

I have the 1st gen dongle and a lifetime licence (for SS 2.x) . It’s pretty handy and developing into a great product.

Soundswitch support is fantastic as well, I’m not sure those guys sleep.

1 Like

I purchased it when it was first released with the original interface. Because of that I was grandfathered in for lifetime. I use it constantly and love how responsive SoundSwitch support is to customer inquiries (they even did a one-on-one chat with me to fix a lighting issue). Great investment for me and I’d do it again.

2 Likes

Its a awesome product and awesome support - quick and very helpfull :muscle: Yeah there is a subscription, but that also allows you to try it out quite cheap and throw it away if you dont like it.