Sound switch not recognizing my prime 4

I’m having trouble with my Sound Switch not recognizing my Prime 4. In my set up it only shows Engine Prime and stand alone options but not Prime 4

Had this issue as well. I first replaced the network cable and second i downgraded from 1.6.0 Beta to 1.5.2 - now the Prime 4 shows up with a blue circle in “Performance Mode”. On MacOS you should disable WiFi for sure but i also did so on Windows.

I am having the same problem with SoundSwitch. No blue dot indicator that Prime 4 is connecting to my laptop. Do I still have to downgrade to 1.5.2 or did Denon fix the problem in 1.6? I am in 1.6.2 now and trying to add SoundSwitch.

This would be my first port of call (if you haven’t already). It catches the best of us out too.

I spent about an hour and a half with SoundSwitch support rep Liam on Monday. Most of the time was spent disabling my internet security system to see if that was blocking my PC laptop from seeing my Prime 4. He had a way of running a debug program in SoundSwitch to see if the two were sending signals to each other. Once we had completely removed my security software and it still was not working he had me put a switch between my PC and the Prime 4. Instantly they began talking with each other. He explained that for some reason my computer was not assigning the Prime 4 a network address, but the switch does. So try hooking your ethernet cable through your router or switch and see if that works for you. Practice and enjoy!

1 Like

Update: After reloading Norton, SoundSwitch would no longer work. Liam at SoundSwitch was not familiar enough with Norton to help. I have spent several hours working with Norton techs trying to get SoundSwitch to work with Norton installed. Still no luck. Will post again if they figure out a remedy.