Sound Quality on Prime Go

I have buy to you a big box of commas and too a box of paragraphs image

2 Likes

Can we get this in a nutshell please for all us non-technical people :slight_smile:

Thanks Kaleo10.

In other words, it’s good enough for on the GO playing and never touted itself to be the “End all and Be All” as in the Flagship units by Denon.

Technicals aside, if you’re scrutinizing it that closely, it may not be the unit you want.

My experience: I just did a comparison with some songs using a Macbook pro (direct out and with AKAI AMX controller/soundcard) with Serato, same mixer and same speakers (DB Technology Opera 12 + SUB), same headphone (Sennheiser HD25): unless you are demanding audiophiles, the sound is the same, no audible difference! The only thing to avoid on Prime Go is the switch in MONO position.

4 Likes

thanks for your reply. sounds good.

My take. I just did 16 events in October with the prime Go. I mainly ran my gains in the 10-11o’clock positions, with the master at unity, and the channel faders all the way open. From the Prime Go it went to a Yamaha MG10XU and this is where I controlled the output volume. Next step in the chain was a Drive Rack PA2, to RCF Evox 8’s. The Prime itself never hit the first white, or barely entered the first white led. At lower overall volume during cocktails/dinner no sound quality issues. When later in the evening and the sound was pumping I would get a weird low mid distortion. The Prime Go still only tickling white. The MG10XU and Drive Rack hitting -3 dbu on their meters, and the speakers at 12 o’clock unity. I played the last 4 years on a SZ through the same sound chain running the Yamaha and the Drive Rack maxed at -3, and never had that before. Actually come to think of it, I did not notice any distortion until I upgraded to Prime 2.0 that could be my issue.