Show your home DJ booth (Part 1)

I felt like my 6000s deserved a proper home booth, so I built one today:

Furniture is the Ikea “Platsa” system.

Some pictures of the assembly and further information to be found here!

12 Likes

That’s beautiful.

You must have super long arms to reach you turntables.

Enjoy

Btw, what’s that pioneer logo doing in the pic. Sinner🤪

2 Likes

Who was the user posting the setup in his garden - can’t seem to find the pics? Legit trying to pick up garden design tips for my new home here and that garden looked stunning!

Damn, son!!! Now that’s a proper desk!! Looks great!

#jelly

1 Like

Naw, we’re not fanbois here…those Traktor D2s, Technics M5Gs, Denon SC6000s, Rane MP2015, AND…Pioneer RMX-1000 all serve a purpose!! The more brands/products, the better. F#CK Brand homogenization!!

*But you know what would make all that play nice together?

“Ableton Link”…wink, wink, Denon, haha!!!

2 Likes

I’m not a turntablist, rather doing long blends. With sync activated, I have plenty of time to walk over to the turntables :joy:

That’s how I feel. Even though Pioneer is trying to tick all boxes, I enjoy a diverse set up with gear from any manufacturer that suits my needs.

That would be an absolute killer feature. I’d love to sync Traktor to the 6000s and incorporate my old Maschine MK2 into that setup.

2 Likes

Ahhh, I miss ‘beat-link-trigger’ (Ableton Link) soooooo much since transitioning to the SC6000s!!

2 Likes

Nice! If it’s possible for 3rd party apps to “listen” to the pro dj link stream, the same could probably be done with the engine protocol.

Oh, it can be. Denon would just have to reveal their network protocol. I imagine James Elliott (deep symmetry) could pull off adding beat-link-trigger functionality for the whole Prime lineup. That wouldn’t cost Denon a penny. It’s just information. I would prefer Denon do it themselves, as it would probably be more polished, but I’ll take anything at this point. Denon have to realize that adding Ableton Link would only benefit them…InMusic has a lot of companies that make a ton of gear that the Prime decks could sync to. More money!!

Haha, I’ll plug this ‘ish anywhere I can until’ I get a response from Denon. :wink:

*but I suppose we should get back on topic…looking forward to seeing more setups!!

2 Likes

https://www.akaipro.com/kb/akai-pro-mpc-x-and-mpc-live-ableton-link-setup-and-tutorial/

The Akai has it…an Inmusic product

2 Likes

my room is coming together. the halloween party was fire last night.

10 Likes

Nice setup! What sub do you have there?

2 Likes

What an awesome setup! I need to go to your house to chill.

1 Like

Please post a video of you mixing with the 08, 09, and 303. Great setup!

You need to partner with IKEA to design DJ booths. You have an outstanding setup!

1 Like

Thanks!

IKEA once did a cool video.

I bet they have forgotten about DJs ever since!

2 Likes

Looks like the KRK 12" to me - https://www.krkmusic.com/Powered-Subwoofer/12sHO

1 Like

Stick it on Instagram and tag Ikea and denondj

Who knows…you may get featured ah…

I can barely turn my Rokits 5 up @volumetrix …lucky you…sub and all

3 Likes

Thanks man! Krk 12sho. It definitely booms.

1 Like

My neighbors are super cool about the bass.

3 Likes