SC5000M Motor Dragging

Hey everybody, I just got an SC5000M a few days ago. I’m loving it for the most part, but I seem to be having one major issue.

Right out of the box, the track seems to drag almost any time that the motor is engaged. Every once in a while, it will function exactly as intended, but then it will randomly start acting up without me touching or changing anything.

I’ve tried every possible tension adjustment, reseated the platter several times, updated the firmware… Still, 95% of the time I can only get a song to play in time with the motor turned off. The player doesn’t recognize this as a tempo change, it reads as 0.0% at all times, or wherever I have the pitch fader set. When running a DVS control tone into Serato, it consistently reads around -7%. Turn the motor off, and it goes back up to 0%.

So… Any ideas? Something I’m missing? My best guess is there’s an issue with the motor. But I figured I’d ask here first, in case I can avoid sending this one back.

1 Like

Hello This sounds like a technical issue, our technical support team will be able to assist: https://denondj.com/support

1 Like

Ciao anch’io sto riscontrando lo stesso problema su 1 dei miei 2 SC5000M non credo sia un problema di firmware ma un problema hardware del motore, ho acquistato neanche un mese fa il bundle x1800+2 SC5000M e già un problema…

Hi, I am also experiencing the same problem on 1 of my 2 SC5000Ms, I don’t think it is a firmware problem but a motor hardware problem, I purchased the x1800 + 2 SC5000M bundle even a month ago and already a problem …

So you held off until the mixer was free then ?

Are you using auto sync ? That can force one side to run slower (or faster) than expected

no today I did other tests, if I leave the sync active I am not noticing the problem that anyway it arises even if only one track is running on the 1A or 1B …, with the active sync it doesn’t seem to match it. The strange thing that on 2 sync deactivated and engine running I do not find anomalies