SC5000 won’t recognize WiFi networks

I have two SC5000 units. Both have WiFi enabled. Player 1 recognizes area WiFi networks while player 2 seemingly doesn’t show area networks to connect to. I haven’t tried a hard wired connection with that unit. Curious what I can do to “wake up” the WiFi network list on Player 2.

I’ve had that issue since WiFi was enabled, never found a solution, just assumed it was a hardware failure so now have a hardwired connection to the mixer.

I don’t know if this is a possibility but can I connect an Ethernet cable from the pc hub on the mixer to my laptop and use that as an internet source for everything? That would solve things for me

I would be surprised if there is no back door way to reset the network. Try opening a ticket with support to see if there is something they can do with your help that they wouldn’t want to advertise here.

You could try reinstalling the firmware too. I am not sure what aspects it would rewrite to but worth a shot considering it shouldn’t take more than a few minutes…

I would install the latest firmware, restore settings to default using the 5000’s menu, then re-write the firmware once again, with the unit on the default settings.

These are all good suggestions – admittedly I don’t think it’s the end of the world that one of the two players doesn’t have this access as I don’t think I’ll be streaming solely during a set but still it’s nice to ensure it’s functional – thank you again all - I’ll work with the firmware reset.

1 Like

I did all of that, so I’m hoping for you it works. Mine never did. You can pipe direct into the mixer or the unit via hardwire, so if you have the nic in your laptop set to network sharing, theoretically it should work.

I think the problem with the menu reset is that it only resets the settings back to their default values.

A firmware that clears EVERYTHING from the player would be amazing and solves a lot of problems. I remember the issue where Beatport was not able to clear data if the trial ran out. It’s fixed now but I’m sure it used to crash.

I would love a factory fresh install of firmware every so often. It does wonders to get a nice clean copy with nothing left over from previous installs. Maybe one day?

I could be wrong but I thought the desktop firmware update does a full wipe whilst the usb method keeps stuff from previous installs.

Usually if I use the desktop method I will have to reenter all my settings including WiFi, streaming services etc

1 Like

Perfect! I forgot about the desktop version.

Give the desktop method a go guys and see if that helps. It may clear out any unwanted nasties lingering from past firmwares and give you that ‘factory fresh’ feel.

1 Like

I actually installed the 1.6.1 firmware via the desktop/USB cable method on that player in question and same problem – I’ll just open a support ticket. Again, not a huge issue as the other player connects and I don’t foresee great need for streaming, just something I’m working on understanding.

Anyone had any luck sorting this? I can get one deck connecting to Wi-Fi but never two at the same time. I want to stream on both. This basically means Beatport Link is a waste of time. Getting more and more frustrated with Denon kit and software.

I’ve got a hard data cable but, correct me if I’m wrong, there’s no point plugging it into the deck as it doesn’t receive it. The link only seems to be between the two decks.

Hi djilfitz, did you follow the advice given to the OP here?

Hi - I updated firmware via desktop and it was definitely better, but still dropped out on occasion. Really wish the players were able to take Ethernet cables instead of just linking players.

They are. Just use a hub on the back of the x1800 mixer or a small standalone lan hub.

Thanks for getting back to me. Just doubling checking what you mean.

I’ve tried putting the Ethernet cable into ‘PC’ on the mixer, and the cables from the decks into 2 & 3 on the mixer, and it never worked.

Is this what you mean or do I need an additional hun?

That’s strange

Did you try with WiFi off on both players?

Hey - now switched Wi-Fi off on both controllers. Ethernet cable into PC on the mixer, data cable from media players into the mixer. Still doesn’t recognise any network.

The data / Ethernet is working because it’s a double and the other one is going into my MacBook and providing internet no problem.

Frustrating.

Alongside the lack of offline locker for Beatport - any update on this?

Still no joy with this. The Wi-Fi comes and goes, usually only keeping a network connection on one player at a time, so could really do with them accepting data cables in some way.

What’s the best way for me to raise this as an issue?

Cheers