S5000 Player frozen mid playback. Play, Cue and Hot cue buttons not responding

I used both SC5000M’ with Seato for 5 hours and didn’t have any freezing nor stuttering issues. Left the players sit for 10-20 minutes came back and everything worked as it should. Now I’m convinced that this is a “Error” with version FW Engine 2.0 and higher. Please be advised !!! When I leave the one 1 player sit for 5 minutes there’s no response, I have to hold the power button down until the unit reboots.FW version 1.6 didn’t have this issue. I hope they get it fixed soon this is not kool at all…

EDIT: Directly from Pioneer’s website: “When developing the CDJ-3000, we found that dual-layer functionality can compromise sound quality and drain MPU resource that’s needed for other tasks. We interviewed over 200 artists during our research for our latest player, which resulted in a conclusion determining that this feature is not essential for professional use. The Pioneer DJ Team.”

I suspect many pro/battle DJs have used the Prime series and encountered issues like we are describing. This is actually a pretty big factor that Denon users shouldn’t gloss over.

Like if there would be sound quality… they can’t achieve the sound quality that would beat old DNS3700… Other tasks… like what? SC5/6000 still beats cdj3000 in any aspect… they just can’t give a real reason why they still don’t deliver what they charge for…

1 Like

How do you red lash firmware on the players and mixer? Can I load in old firmware? Thanks

You can download the latest firmware on Desktop and OS Downloads + Manuals | Engine DJ Download the usb version, put it on the root of you usb stick Then choose usb when updating from the unit

thanks for the tips.

Can you install old firmware or rewrite current firmware that’s already up too date?

Also can you do this for the mixer also?

Thanks!

Yes you can, but I recommend to always use the latest firmware (3.0.0)