Relocate, delete missing tracks solution

Its the “file name” that I wanted to change. It appears as though Engine prime uses this as the way to catalog the tracks as opposed to a “unique identifier”.

Yes, I understand what you mean. Engine Prime uses an ID as a unique identifier for each track, it is possible to implement such a feature but it will take time since you will have to choose each renamed track again in order to update the database with the new info, especially if you’ve renamed lots of tracks. It can be easily done though.

Renaming the track from Engine Prime will update the track’s metadata and not the actual file name. I personally use this method because its easier for me rather than manually renaming and relocating more than 1000+ tracks.

1 Like

You are a plenty good coder. Hope Denon engeniers will see that, too. Thumps up for the good work and keep it up. Maybe they just could implement your code into engiine prime as a tool inside the main program. Yea, it would better if they would open engine prime to open source. But only for people they know what they do.

5 Likes

Thanks for your support! I would love to join Denon’s development team and be a part of this amazing platform.

Yeah that will be nice.

1 Like

Hi @DJGK, After digging the internet, I eventually ended here. I am trying to move my music folder (folder containing my music files, not my library) to an external drive (i’m lacking free space on my internal drive…). I tried to use your tool without success… I’m using OSX. Path of the library : /Users/p.bellebouche/Music Path of the existing music files : /Users/p.bellebouche/Documents/MP3 Path of the new files : /Volumes/Sans titre

I tried with both options (relocate lost tracks and relocate lost tracks - External devices). Btw, the Externalm devices option is unable to find my engine library. I have some development skills (not in JAVA but Delphi) and I would be glad to help if necessary.

Pascal

See this alternative as well

@Psaac it’s unfortunate the tool didn’t work as expected, as I’ve mentioned before I’ve never had the chance to test the tool and debug it on a Mac as I don’t own one yet. you could try what @mufasa suggested in the meantime.

Thanks for offering your help I’ll sure contact you if I needed anything :slightly_smiling_face: Hopefully Denon will implement this feature soon.

I tried relocating my library, but when fixing the tracks it makes the path “user\Music\Music\Songs” (music gets doubled by your tool).

I’m thinking of writing my own tool with more features such as tag matching and copying playlists from external drives.

Engine prime does not double any files. The view in collection can be double when You have external source of music connected. This is confusing, but You can get used to it when just looking in to crates and playlists.

He’s referring to the tool made by DJGK.

That’s not what I’m talking about. I’m saying the tool doubles a section of the path when it relocates your library.

OK, sorry, misunderstood :confused:

Hope this gets implemented in the software

1 Like

That’s weird, do you have a folder named Music in your Music folder? Are you using a Windows or a Mac PC?

That’s nice, contact me if you need any help maybe we could do it together :slightly_smiling_face:

That would be cool!

1 Like

No, I only have one music folder.

If I write my own tool I’ll let you know!

@DJGK sorry but I can’t manage to start it up. I think the problem is with java. After installing Java I restarted my laptop.

in cmd i typed “java -jar”. then I drag dropped Engine Prime Helper 1.1 then, enter.

this is what happend:

C:\Users\walte>java -jar"C:\Users\walte\Downloads\Engine Prime helper 1.0.exe" Unrecognized option: -jarC:\Users\walte\Downloads\Engine Prime helper 1.0.exe Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine. Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

The helper file is an exe file. So I tried double click. Then I got a pop-up with:

"No Java? Java has not been found on your computer. Do you want to download it?"

I allready installed java 2 or 3 times. How can this happen?

I’m doing something wrong. Can you help me out?

Never Mind. I got it working. I just got the wrong file… I found the jar file

1 Like

Hi!!! Great work.

Still not solved? I’m using Mac. Having my music files initially in the internal hard drive, then, the new ones in an external Hard Drive, I want to move everything to the external, as long as I bought I new Mac and I want to move the music and continue adding and syncing with Prime 4.

Thank you.

I guess that the only option so far now, is to pay at least one month the Rekordcloud soft, move it, and then continue working with the external hard drive. Right?

2 Likes

This did not work for me, I tried to move my collection from the D:\ to the C:\ It said it had done but the files were still red in EP and the location was still the old one. Possibly something to do with there being databases on d:\engine library and c:\users\xyz\music\engine library?

Yes, this is not as simple as that, unfortunately.

You can see the discussion here Move Engine Prime Library to External Drive - #19 by The_Double_V

I’m testing a tool to solve it.

1 Like