Refurbished questions and x1800/x1850 questions

So I’ve waited too long and missed the price drop for when the sc5000’s were very affordable (for me) and brand new from amazon and I’ve found out that Denon sells the sc5000 refurbished now and that’s left me with the following questions.

Has anyone purchased from Denon’s refurbished company in Nevada, what was the quality like? Any issues getting parts/service after from Denon? I have done repairs on DJ equipment before but knowing that parts are available is helpful, granted not as widely available as Pioneer I’d assume?

Secondly I learned from the forums here that the x1800 has non-greased faders while the x1850 has greased faders. Any real issue pro’s or con’s to this?

Lastly and I know I’ve most likely asked this a ways back, but does either the x1800 or x1850 send midi clock to external devices?

I’ve gotten over the fact that Denon isn’t able or this feature isn’t part of their development sprint for the x1800/1850 or sc5000/sc6000 to record a set to USB, but the midi clock send I’d really love to have for using external drum machines/synths etc.

I have bought a few Denon things B-stock (official refurbs) in the UK and they have always been as good as new, as long as you get a warranty you will be fine.

I would personally avoid the X1800 if I was buying now due to the crackling issues that sometimes occur, get the X1850, it has a dedicated std midi port but you can also send midi out over the USB to a computer, I used this for my lighting software. You can also send master audio out over USB for recording the set

Thank you @j141 for the info. I had saw the crackling issue and that gave me pause. I really don’t want to invite more problems so I’ll stay away from the x1800 now.

1 Like