Quick review of my Serato 1.9 and Denon Prime Experience

I’m running Mac OS Yosemite. I downloaded the firmware and installed into both X1800 mixer and both SC5000’s it was pretty simple. I plugged in one USB cable from the mixer into my computer directly then ran 2 USB cables into a hub from the SC5000’s. No need for RCA audio cables from the Mixer to the decks. The only audio cables i used was the master out XLR‘s to my studio monitors. Powered everything up and it worked as advertised, So simple. No Serato configuration needed. Keep in mind I do have the Serato Club Kit License.

After a 10 min test run I was blown away how good it works. The SC500 screen displays all the Serato crates but it doesn’t display sub crates. You have to reach over to your computer, click on the sub crate then it shows up on your SC5000 Screen, not a big deal. The hot cues work excellent, its very responsive. beat jump and loops work great. there are some things that can be improved like adding a QWERTY search on the SC5000. Currently there is no way to search by typing in a title on the SC5000 at the moment. and maybe the ability to see sub crates.

You might say why buy the denon prime setup if your going to use it as a controller with Serato. I just like the flexability it provides, there are a lot of Serato DJs where I’m from that work the clubs and now with this implementation we can all work in harmony al la Pioneer Nexus. By the way serato coming out of the x1800 sounds AMAZING!. Here are some screen shots of the crates on the SC5000

AWESOME JOB TO ALL THE CREW AT DENON DJ!!! I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT RELEASE OF ENGINE PRIME

Yeah got mine working and very happy now. Beat grinding is just better on serato, as is the use of iTunes playlists, if Denon can get Engine Prime running in a similar way the system will be incredible.

Primes Series is already a game changer. Once they refine Engine prime for file management like iTunes, beatgridding like Serato and copying databases like rekordbox… it will be an Industry Changer! Can’t wait!

2 Likes