Prime4 firmware upgrade working well?

Where did the crates go? I only have playlists now… i miss the crates!!!

playlists are the new crates…same same

1 Like

No, with Rekordbox, Traktor and Serato i never had compatibility problem with iTunes. engine Is not a strong software, 20% of function compared with the 3 mentioned, and with a lot of issues. If you select more Tracks, the last One goes immediately in edit status… Disaster.

1 Like

And how’s the no-laptop-needed versions of those softwares working out?

DENON Is not ready PIONEER Is not ready but Rekordbox Is a Pro Software and Engine Is not. Where are tags ? smart Crates?

want want want!

1 Like

Your fix is simple; Go back to a laptop dependent software.

For Rekordbox that would mean:

• Rekordbox Controller (minimum DDJ-1000)
  • High Spec Laptop (i.e. Macbook Pro)
  • Monthly Rekordbox subscription

TOTAL: $2500 (U.S.) + monthly subscription

Believe me, Engine DJ has a long way to go, but NO ONE in the industry is pushing new technology like Denon DJ is. It’s no ways as to where it needs to be…but I like what Denon’s doing and I’m enjoying it.

I still have club-level equipment from the competitors, but I find myself more and more inclined to use my Prime 4 and SC’s over my 2000’s and DDJ-SZ.

2 Likes

3000 Pioneers are perfect. Smart Crates, intelligent and fast system. A 10.7 screen would be top.

Do you know what I’m waiting for?

A Pioneer all in One with the same system of the 3000.

2500€? I Will buy It. Pioneer Engineers understand perfectly the flow in a live set.

From Pioneer? At that price? Please don’t hold your breath. The 3000’s right now cost nearly that much. The Pioneer DDJ-RZX was more than 2500€ with far less functionality. I promise you Pioneer will NEVER build a board like that. It would cut into the profitability on the 3000’s and 2000’s, not to mention new technology from them has been slow (if at all) for years.

1 Like

So “perfect” that pio released fw 1.2 only to drop it two days later as 3000 freezed and pitchs jumped by 1 bpm :joy::joy::joy: A lot of returned 3000’s with bad jogwheels :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

They should not be using sqlite. I have thousands of music and its very slow to query a sqlite file. Its very very slow to search at a number of musics i have.