Prime4 firmware upgrade working well?

Hi, any news about the firmware upgrade for working well with all the new features of engine 2.0 ?

My waveforms are totally messed since the update. Even though my beats are in time, the waveform seems to start out of time on the right, then is in time (grid markers & beat peaks) line up as they go over the white line. I don’t know what the hell is going on!! My advice is wait a bit longer.

5 Likes

I had similar issues as crazycraig. Also, in some of my tracks the cues were off. I also had to reanalyze them because the bpm was wrong

After a few Days of testing i am back to 1.6.1 For me in version 2.0 is only the preview with streaming for interesting but in compare to the lot of Bugs i prefer not use this version

It seems to depend on your DJing abilities. For me, issues with waveforms or cue points don’t affect my ability to play music. I don’t rely on waveforms or cue points.

On the other hand, clearly some people here seem to be completely unable to mix if the waveforms aren’t perfect. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

That’s not the point

2 Likes

Exactly!! Sadly there will always be that one that tries to make it about himself or his skills!!

1 Like

Probably the most pathetic response I’ve read. This is about the update not your djing abilities. Grow up please!

2 Likes

@PKtheDJ

Why immediately offensive? If you don’t need lightning, the update at the moment is more of a step backwards to 1.6.1. that had nothing to do with mixing. The problem with the wave was of secondary importance to me. Problems with effects and the wifi stability and a few other little things are simply not acceptable to me at the moment.

Regards and stay fair

1 Like

Yes but…he is not wrong.

From the issues reported with 2.0 firmware the loudest are about the waveform issue which is a visual only problem.

1 Like

No! Try to create playlists on desktop with a 10000 file library. EVERYTIME you put a file Into the new playlist, the list on the right side “reset” the status switching up to the top

1 Like

Thank you @SlayForMoney

I’m merely responding to what some people have been saying in other posts - which is that the waveform issue is extremely serious and basically prevents them from DJing. To me that seems ridiculous, as it’s not affecting the audio at all, it’s just a slight visual anomaly.

The phrase “making a mountain out of a mole hill” comes to mind…

1 Like

Is not professional. Sorry, never happened with serato Traktor or rekordbox. engine has a lot of issues, from Building playlists, smart crates missing, other Little issues really unbelievable for a pro software.

1 Like

The original post asks if the update is working well. My answer is directly related to the performance of the update. Not whether I can mix with or without waveforms. Your answer is exactly what I expect from guys that have no beneficial input but yearn to say something. I actually made a post about the waveforms & specifically made a point about answers exactly like yours because there is always “that one” that needs to stir the pot. It comes across as childish. I can mix without waveforms, but that doesn’t mean that the way they are right now isn’t distracting / irritating. Basically, it’s not right & this is directly related to the firmware question. Don’t get personal - simple.

2 Likes

And thats the Point. If you look back at the speed with which the last problems were fixed, it will probably take weeks again until the new bugs are fixed, if no more are added. You just have to take a look today, it feels like new little problems are added every hour

2.0 is today for me max in beta state

1 Like

Perhaps, but very off topic & getting personal by saying “clearly some people here seem to be completely unable to mix if the waveforms aren’t perfect.” He doesn’t know me or the others at all. It’s just a statement made to stir. I want the update to improve my decks in every aspect. That Includes the waveforms - We don’t need BS posts like that.

4 Likes

…and saying things like “my waveforms are totally messed up” and I don’t know what the hell is going on" are not stirring? At the very least it’s an over reaction.

If someone writes that they are unable to DJ because of a small visual issue with the waveforms, that too is over emphasising the problem and effectively stirring.

So it’s OK for people to exaggerate issues and claim it affects things so dramatically, but it’s not OK to question the exaggeration?

2 Likes

In my personal opinion, they are totally messed up. When I answered, I honestly didn’t know what the hell was going on - so no, not stirring at all & over reaction is your opinion which is fine by me. Please show me where I said I couldn’t dj with the waveforms like this… ?? I didn’t exaggerate anything here. The waveform is a big issue to some people - me included. That doesn’t give you the right to assume we don’t know how to mix without them or insult us! I’m done with this though. I’m out!!!

1 Like

I said that someone wrote it - not that YOU wrote it. Don’t take everything so personally. I’m discussing the general reaction to this glitch, not your personal ability to DJ.

Denon’s fanboy are not professional. Denon’s engineer are not dj. End.