Prime WiFi Hype: Why?

I agree a mod-break could have been handy to stay on topic, but in general the discussions are not that strictly put into containment. Unless a new question/problem is being made in a topic by another user than the topic starter.

I’ll see what’s possible and handy to do.

I think you mean I was attempting to disparage the amazing WiFi feature (singular) since at the moment, the WiFi only does one single thing (connects to Tidal). But more disheartening is your attempt to characterize my post as that of a troll. Is it trolling to ask coherent questions (which aren’t even mildly off-the-wall/radical questions) about a product I purchased over a year and a half ago? I will never understand why the Denon DJ Forum, in general, is so hyper defensive when anyone posts sincere, legit questions/comments. Just because a set of questions makes you uncomfortable or challenges your established belief system in the sanctity of Denon DJ products does not make said questions ‘trolling’.

1 Like

This is true of course. However the set of questions asked, didn’t really add up to actual questions, as much as a checklist of things that (currently) CAN’T be done by the Prime 4’s WiFi features. Some of which, frankly, not even available through the use of “regular” DJ software in conjunction with a laptop with a full-featured WiFi connection.

As such, and I made this point earlier on in this thread, I don’t see the added value of these questions. Regardless of the “honesty” of the questions, the disclaimer mentioned, there could only be one outcome from these questions: 15x NO.

So while I agree that things as calling trolling/trolls is not the way we should behave, I don’t necessarily agree with OP’s opinion of the “hyper-defensiveness” of the forums, specifically when it pertains to a post that - I can only repeat myself here - can only lead to defensive actions as the question in itself solves nothing, determines nothing, doesn’t ask for new features (for which there is a dedicated forum), doesn’t provide any useful insight or help to other forum users.

At the end of the day, as OP you can not seriously wonder why a post like this gets a lot of “hate”. Having been around the Denon forums for a long time (back to when it was just Denon DJ outside of the inMusic ecosystem) and it has improved dramatically over the years. Especially the good people of Denon DJ themselves (mods and employees) generally are helpful, try to listen carefully to what is said (even if it is dipped in vinegar sometimes) and forthcoming. Most (exceptions to confirm the rule) users are equally helpful and will go the extra mile to help out fellow forum users.

So, I would suggest to Reese and his colleagues to close this topic. As the original post, as argued, has no added value, no question to be answered, I don’t think many people will feel disappointed to see it come to a end.

My 3 cents as usual

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right. I think you and I are just two messengers of what several responders in the thread said. The op is just trying to push our buttons, not only with this post but with several other posts in his post history.

I agree with your views. My own view is that the op likes to light fuses and see how long it burns. The phrase “Please do not feed the animals” springs to mind.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.