Prime 4 + Pioneer RMX 1000

One thing I’ve noticed is how bad the on board FX are on this. (Hopefully fixed on next update) Would love some sort of compatibility to link up a pioneer RMX 1000 as it brings a whole new depth to live remixes etc…

EDIT: Should have spend that 10 seconds re-reading the title again :joy::joy::joy: Please ignore :joy:

10 seconds on Google :wink:

Suuure, a firmware update is enough to magically add a send return loop connections on the back.

1 Like

Yep probably not gonna happen. Zone out back to channel 4 perhaps. Fader is the amount of send.

Hi @DannyJay1

I know this might not be practical but couldn’t you just route your Prime 4 master output in to the RMX and then route the RMX to your speakers? Like I said, not practical and will function slightly different than having a send/return but as suggested by others above, in order to add this capability you would require a set of send and return plugs on the Prime 4 and they are physically not there. In my opinion, I think this was because the Prime 4 was aimed more towards the mobile DJ doing weddings and such rather than a club style DJ.

You can also look in to external units that will give you a Send & Return option and then you can properly incorporate the RMX in to your setup but consider the cost and compare it to moving to the X1800 too which does support what you want.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Shain

Maybe we could use “booth out (L)” as send - and the “secondary mic” as return. The FX will then be mono, but I think that doesnt matter much.

No you can’t do that. forget about inventing or converting something to a send and return; it’s not there and you can’t forge one on the device. Only way of doing this “properly” is with more gear attached to the P4.

1 Like