Prime 4 "Multicore processor" specs?

Can anyone confirm if the processor in Prime 4 is exactly the same as Prime 4+ ?

Hello Tim, From my point of view after 3 years is not possible to be the same cpu.

Would be interesting in conjunction with the recent / upcoming AKAI devices. They recently switched from 2 to 4GB and 16 to 32GB storage (both of which they should have used from the very beginning). Afaik the RK3288 can also address 4GB / 32GB, so the CPU might be the same.

@Tim_Doring it’s been stated in the media coverage of stems coming to the Prime 4+ that aside from the “special Amazon chip” the guts of the units are the same.

That’s hilarious. They added a component and made minor changes to the look n’ feel then raised the price ~$300. Hmm. Not sure there is enough there to warrant an upgrade just to give Jeff Bezos more money. There are plenty of other services I’d rather spend my money on frankly, but I realize that’s a personal choice.

I think I will stick with my current Prime 4 for some time, I am not missing out on anything here…

It would have been more of an improvement if they had added something M.2 (22110) SATA/NVME storage module support, or upgraded the CPU to the RK3399.

1 Like

this is exactly how I feel, are we supposed to just take Phil Morse word for it that they are identical inside?

If they are identical I dont know how they can keep onboard stems to Prime 4+ only? Again, only Phil Morse has said it will come to other devices, but did not specify which.

It would be great if a Denon rep could confirm if the CPU/RAM etc. are identical to the Prime 4.

At least this year during testing. No one stated it would never come to other devices.

Same chipset.

Watch the video of AgiProDJ in a call together with Mojaxx and Jake.

1 Like

I’ve looked for this but can’t find it. Is it on the DJ City YouTube or Digital DJ Tips site?

1 Like

SORRY MY BAD.

It was AgiProDJ… with @Jake and Mojaxx.

1 Like

I spotted this pop up on my YouTube feed but disappeared a few days later and now realise it’s the same one you’re talking about. Thanks!

1 Like

Here is the moment (thanks to Reece): https://youtu.be/cpc9b8jwEvU?t=2977

2 Likes

What Denon is saying, stems will temporary be exclusive MOMENTARY whilst in beta to not have a betatest group which is to big. There is no mention about other devices not getting stems.

Bear in mind, they also haven’t said it will be rolled out to others either. At this stage all we know is it is being tested for the Prime 4+.

1 Like

yep, when Jake explained he said IF it get rolled out to other devices. So its still unclear, surely there would be uproar if its same spec and they didnt give it to prime 4. Either way, I will probably return the Prime 4 and get the prime 4+ just in case

1 Like

Im voting for a forum ban for that badge btw :rofl::rofl::rofl: (kidding).

True, but I have no need for stems. For me it’s a gimmick and will ( just as the majority of FX’s ) give it a go once and that will be it. I only play melodic and peak time techno. So no need for stems.

I analysed Whitney Houston - Queen of the Night (CJ mackintosh mix) into Stems on Serato and it is pretty cool at splitting out different elements of the track… not something ill make wide use of myself but I may use it to drop vocals from a track im mixing out of when needed.

It is way way way overhyped though, as if someone has re-invented the wheel.

1 Like